Well Merry Christmas, Ya’ll!

A buddy of mine sent a beautiful rendition of “O Holy Night” to me the other day … well … ok .. truth is … it’s not so beautiful! Then again – I suppose you could always argue that point.

Seriously, I guess this is “out there” on the ‘net – we have no clue who this singer is, or “if” this singer was joking or was really trying to perform a solo. You decide.

Listen – click here! (and grab a box of Kleenex)

Speaking of “O Holy Night” .. it’s been “O Long Night” for me …. 3 nights in one week now .. I’ve not been able to sleep. Insomnia .. it’s terrible. Our kids (who always sleep through the night w/ no problem) have been in a phase where one of them keeps waking up. Last night it was Rebekah. Two nights before, it was Will and Rebekah. A few nights before that, it was Will only. They all have rotten head colds and can hardly breathe at night. I guess I’ve been so busy trying to finish up some “tasks” here at the end of the year that my mind won’t stop racing. I’m lucky to fall off asleep – but then when I get awakened … it’s all over – just can’t get back to sleep for nothing.

Well – hope you enjoy the song. Feel free to spread the link to your friends.

For the Kingdom,

40 comments on “O Holy Night

1. kAREN RAWL says:

Hey Fred, That was really bad!!! It wasn’t Oh Holy Night at all!!! It would be better named Oh What a terrible Night don’t you think? Merry Christmas and get some sleep!!
    Karen

2. Velma Hess says:

You have a beautiful family. I was wondering what you & your family looked like & now I know. 😀 I love your site. I hope you & your family had wonderful holidays too. God bless you, Velma

3. Sam Schultz says:

Hey.

Thank you! I’ve been looking for this for a while. I accidentally deleted off my computer. I’ve finally found it, thanks to you. It always makes my day better. I’m a student studying opera in hopes of becoming an opera singer. I feel like a great singer when I listen to this disasterous performance. Thank you so much!

Have a good day and God bless you.

4. Timothy says:

Fred,

Is there a way of saving that “O Holy Night” song to my computer? I would like to put it on a CD for a karaoke joke.

Thanks,
    Timothy

5. James says:

YES!!! I’ve been looking off and on for this for a long time……I first found it while on wtfpeopl.com…..and it was actually linked to an actual church web site…..www.wildwindchurch.com hahahahaha It was on there when I first discovered this clip….it was probably just bringing to many tears (pain and joy) to the faces of the visitors I guess they had to remove it…hahahah…. Thanks for making my day!

6. Joe says:

This is awesome!

I, too, lost it and am glad you helped me find it. It is a classic (not all classics are pure talent!) Though, as stated earlier, in this case that could be disputed. Thank you.

8. Jenny says:

I first listened to this song in my orchestra room at school with my teacher and some friends. We were laughing so hard we were literally on the floor laughing and crying! Is there any way that I can get this song on my itunes or on a cd? i would really like to have it FOREVER! definately a classic! Thanks!

9. Cake says:

Holy hell. Never in my life have I ever laughed for 2 minutes straight. Now my stomach really hurts. Thanks, Fred. You just made my day. No, my life, rather. Ah the power of cheese.

10. Mark Naudé says:

Aaargghhh! Painful – and hilarious.

11. RxCowboy says:

That sure makes me feel better about my own singing.

12. Brian says:

Just thought you might want to know that free FM in San Francisco played this tonight as a part of their contest for worst xas song ever. It was on the Chris Daniel and Brad Giese show titled Gray Matter. The big kicker though is they introduced in as “O’ Holy Night as performed by Fred NcKinnon a worship leader from Georgia”

13. Brian says:

link to the station from post above:

14. This song can be found at the following site for download… http://www.myspace.com/fredmckinnonrules What a gem!

15. In reference to Brian’s comment on line 12, the show name is NOT The Gray Matter — but THE GRAY AREA.

Two completely different zip codes.

Fred, thanks for your insight on The Gray Area’s MySpace page as well!

Bob
    Mayor of New Ganada & Part Time Pastor (Tuesdays, Thursdays & Sundays – weather permitting)

16. ned says:

Well, I have heard some donkeys braying, but none as bad as this. But the pictures are ok.

17. Darla B. says:

I want to hear the “O holy night” and the link doesn’t work. Are you going to get it running again?

Darla

18. Chris says:

Gary Burbank has (WLW radio-Cincinnati) has been playing this bit for about 3 or 4 years now. Hilarious.

19. Doug says:

can anybody tell me who it is that actually sings that song??? that would be amazing!

Hey Doug –
    So far it’s a mystery – ever since 106.9 Free FM San Francisco played it this year in their “Worse Christmas Song Ever” contest, and gave me “credit” for singing it, I’ve gone on a rampage to “clear my name (haha) to find the REAL singer. So far, no luck. I’ve seen where this was played as early as 2002 on NPR (National Public Radio) but have yet to see where it really was or who it really was.

There are several theories if you “google” for it … but nothing was solid, iron-clad proof.

Happy New Year!

21. musicgeek says:

my band director had it on his iPod and we were sitting around in the bandroom one day so he turned it on. we laughed so hard… it is awesome.

thanks

22. Steve W. Mauldin says:

I am the O Holy Night singer. I have decided to tell my story and have talked today to another web site who will interview me this week. I can prove this. I can play the original track for you without the vocal. It was produced here in Nashville. Email me and I will fill you in!

23. Allan Clarke says:

I believe that O Holy Night was once sung in a film, but I cannot remember which one. Can anybody help me?

24. Chad says:

haha i have this version of this song as my myspace song haha

25. butter says:

it was recorded at the music studio I teach at. just to let you know

26. Kelvin says:

hey do u think u could get the video 2 it?

27. person says:

hi
    peace out
    looll

28. Kelvin says:

my youth pastor said he found the video once, and then he accidently deleted it. so i was just wondering if u could find the video

Hi, there is no video – any video claiming to be Steve Mauldin, the original singer, doing this at the original time of the recording is a fake.

30. Mandy says:

YOU SUCK!!

31. Mark says:

Truly dissapointing, I am not sure why this is posted for the world to hear from someone who professes to be a child of God.  We have been placed on this earth to bring glory to God in all that we do.  You have taken a song that was written to bring glory to God and made a mockery of it.  Please remove this from your website as this is a very sad testimony to the children of God.  “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things”.  Phil 4:8

1. Zschultz says:

I think that’s preposterous, Mark. This is nothing more than a terrible rendition of a good song; it’s not a mockery of religious ideology.