Prayer for Andrew

I’m sending out a prayer alert to my friends and family in blog world. Andrew, our 1-yr old (almost 2!) is about to be taken down to Nemours Children’s Hospital in Jacksonville, FL.

We discovered a lump in his .. well, no way to say it other than just to say it … “bottom” … or “butt” … a couple of days ago when changing his diaper. Seemed to be a tough lump down under the skin, and when we called the pediatrician, he wanted to see Andrew right away because it sounded like how some of this nasty staph infection starts.

Upon observation and an ultrasound at the hospital today, the results showed it wasn’t fluid like we thought, but rather some type of a solid mass. It’s puzzling to the doctors because it’s not causing Andrew any pain whatsoever – he has no clue about it!

Due to the nature of it all, the doctor has referred us to a surgeon at Nemours in Jacksonville, FL and wants us there “sooner than later” to get further imaging, testing, and if necessary, a biopsy or surgery. Nemours just called and we’re scheduled to get there at 8:00 AM tomorrow morning (Thursday).

Would you please pray for Andrew, and for us? We are in faith that this won’t be anything serious, and we’re praying (and asking others to pray) that by the time we get to JAX this thing will just have disappeared. God is a miracle God, and we know He is able. Pray for the Dr’s to have wisdom about it and to diagnose it properly. Of course, if it’s gone, that won’t be an issue, right?

Lastly, just pray for peace for us. We recognize that Satan would love nothing more than for us to be gripped by fear, and we don’t want to go there at all. We refuse to!

Thanks for your prayers!
Fred (& Joy)

25 comments on Prayer for Andrew

1. Chris Moncus says:

We are definitely praying for Andrew.

2. Chris says:

Posted this on my blog.

3. Dear God, I know you are completely in control of Andrew’s life and everything about it. I know that you have the tiniest detail in the palm of your hand. I know that You are able to perform a miracle that we cannot believe. I don’t know your will, Father, but I ask you, through the name of the Saviour whose blood was shed that we could experience the greatest healing of all, to heal Andrew. We love you, Jesus. In the name of Jesus Christ we ask, Amen.

4. Sis says:

Amen and Amen! Andrew has a Godly mission to fulfill in this life, and it’s not about to be impeded by any scheme of the enemy! I’m standing in faith with you, bro, and having folks here in ATL praying as well! I just taught last night from the book of Ephesians that God has pre-determined a way out of any situation we face, and that there are no surprises in Him. He’s not surprised by any of this, and already has the way of deliverance and healing prepared!

5. klampert says:

you got it man…praying

6. myles says:

the lord shall bless you…my prayers

Thanks everyone – it’s comforting to know people are praying!

8. Brandon Teer says:

I am praying for Andrew and you guys.

9. Aaron says:

Count on it. Please keep us updated.

10. I’ve been praying all day. Bless you, Andrew! (& Fred & Joy)

11. Brooke says:

You know we are! We love that little guy!

12. Matt Norman says:

Your son and your family will be in my prayers.

13. Kevin E says:

Fred I am praying and our youth praise team 🙂 God bless you guys

14. inWorship says:

Fred, you have my prayers.

15. Jean M. says:

I am praying for little Andrew, and for you both. I will be thinking of you all tomorrow, and raise you up to the Lord.

~ Jean M. (Titusville,FL ~ Rebelutionary)

16. the mcleans says:

our prayers are with you guys!

17. nkechi says:

Thank you Jesus because i know that Andrew is healed at this moment.

18. Karen Daniels says:

Fred and Joy, My prayers are with you during this difficult time. God loves you guys so much and I know that you have put Andrew in his care. Let me know how things turn out. My prayers are with you and I sent to my address book to ask for prayers from them also.
    Karen

19. Celese & Billy shared the prayer concern for your beautiful little boy, Andrew as well as for your family. It sounds like you have given it over to the Lord and trust He will answer your prayers. I too, will keep your family in my prayers. In His name, DeLisa

20. Casey says:

Hey…our prayers are with you! Check out http://www.akwellspring.com
    …….it’s a healing ministry that has saved sooo many lives, including my own!