Welcome to “Sunday Setlists”, a weekly blog carnival. Please see the rules below. It’s amazing how many folks won’t read the rules. LOTS of links deleted last week as a result. The rules are important as it’s what makes the whole thing work.
To post a recap of our worship service and setlist here on FredMcKinnon.Com, to encourage other leaders or church-goers to do the same, and to share links back to here, and out to you. You don’t have to be the worship leader. You can just ATTEND church and give a recap – your own synopsis of the worship service.
Quick Rules Recap:
- Blog (or use FaceBook notes) about your worship service setlist. Please consider calling your entry “Sunday Setlist”; however this is optional.
- In your “Sunday Setlist” post, you must link back to this post and say something about the fact that you’re participating in “Sunday Setlists” with other worship leaders. Don’t link to my homepage, link to THIS BLOG ENTRY. Just in case you’re having trouble with that, the URL you wish to link to this week is:
- Fill out the “Mister Linky” box below – YOUR LINK MUST POINT TO YOUR “SUNDAY SETLIST” POST, AND *NOT* YOUR BLOG’S HOMEPAGE OR MAIN INDEX PAGE. If your link points to your main blog page, and not the individual post, IT WILL BE DELETED.
- Leave a comment below letting everyone know your “Sunday Setlist” post is live.
Because I like to get “Sunday Setlist” up good and early, I’m only posting our Setlist, and not a service recap. I hope to come along and edit this post with a more thorough recap later Sunday afternoon.
Today (Sunday, Aug 10) is Week #2 in our “Get In the Game” series. It’s a short Sunday for us, as we have something special planned after the service in our atrium. Today is a strategic service day, and the theme of the service is “No Spectators”. We’re encouraging people to “reach out” and serve. All of the ministries have tents and “tailgating” areas setup in the atrium with information about their ministries and how you can get involved. As a result, we’re doing a shorter setlist this week.
Open/Walk-in: “Not To Us” (my arrangement/recording) [iTunes]
First Song: “You, You Are God” (my arrangement/recording) [iTunes]
Second Song: “Revelation Song” (Kari Jobe/Gateway) [iTunes]
Closer: “Wanted, Dead or Alive” (Bon Jovi) [a hilarious spoof on this song w/ lyrics adjusted for volunteer apprecation and recruitment]
Hopefully I can get some audio of the “Dead or Alive” spoof, it sounded pretty good at rehearsal.
OK, so “follow da rules, follow da rules”. Please link back to this post in your blog entry, and please put the URL back to your “Sunday Setlist” post (not your blog’s homepage or main index) in the Mister Linky below, and leave a comment.
Oh yeah – and most importantly … VISIT the other sites in the Mister Linky. That’s the whole idea – to share our setlists!
PS: for some weird reason that I can’t figure out, the checkbox to “subscribe to comments” is stuck way down at the bottom of this page – so scroll waaaaaay down through all that dead white space and check that box if you’d like to be notified when someone comments on this post. Any code monkeys out there see the prob?
|1. David Lindner
2. Billy Chia
3. Christopher Culver
4. JonWesley Barnhill (FBC Key Largo)
5. Russ Hutto
8. Mike Mahoney
9. Alex McLean
10. Jim Drake
11. Jon Morris
12. shannon lewis
|13. Gary Durbin
14. chris h
15. Jan Owen
16. Bobby Gilles
17. Ben Abu Saada (Overland Park, KS)
18. Scott L
19. Sunny Cain
20. Steve Lowe
21. Michiel (the Netherlands)
22. Ryan Egan
23. Beth Brawley
|25. Matt Stevens
26. Jeff M. Miller
28. Paul Joseph
29. Rich Kirkpatrick(RKWL)
30. Courtney Feia
31. Brandon Teer
32. Jeff T. (Calvary Jupiter)
33. Mike Miller
34. Wayne Thomas
35. Peter Green
36. George Song
Subscribe To Get More Music
I would be so honored if you would consider subscribing to my music. It’s completely free and is the best way to be notified when a new album, video, or instrumental composition is released.