Sunday Setlists #6 – What Happened at YOUR Church Service?

Hey Everyone,

Welcome to “Sunday Setlists”, a weekly blog carnival where we share a recap of our worship services.  To participate, just follow the rules below.

1.  Blog about your Sunday service.  Note, you do NOT have to be the Worship Leader, you are welcome to just post a blog or note recapping what happened in your church service.

2.  In your blog or entry, link back to today’s “Sunday Setlist” entry right here.  The link should not be a trackback or pingback, but should be an actual link as part of your entry.  You may wish to say something like “Today’s recap is posted in collaboration with other Worship Leaders @ Sunday Setlists”.  The link to use for this week is:

3.  After completing your entry, linking back to this entry, please come back here and fill out the “mister linky” below, linking to your blog’s setlist post, and NOT YOUR BLOG HOMEPAGE.  (all links going to your homepage or index page will be deleted, the purpose is to link directly to your “Sunday Setlist” post on your blog).

4.  Leave a comment below letting everyone know you’ve participated.

———–

Sunday Setlist, August 31 2008 for St. Simons Community Church

Our Sunday was awesome – we had “Church in the Park” – down by the beach.  Although it was very hot and humid, we had a nice breeze and the tropical storms had a nice churn in the water – you could sing and hear the waves crashing into the rocks just behind you.

We did some extra music today since we had only one service.  I’d say well over 1,000+ were there, spread out all over the park.  The sound and the sermon were great.  Right now, I’m hot, tired, dehydrated, sticky, stinky, and ready to shower and rest … so here goes the quick recap:

Walk-Up Music:
You, You Are God (my arrangement from Worship Under the Stars)
I’m Not Ashamed (Tommy Walker, used by “steel drums” patch!)
Shackles

Opening Set:
Blessed Be Your Name (Redman/Redman)
Lord The Lord

Second Set:
This Is My Father’s World (this was a blast, I played some old-school, jazzy piano, and the praise team led it vocally, no other musicians)
You Have Made Me Glad

Closer:
I Will Never Be The Same Again (Hillsongs)

A great day, and I know Mr. Moncus took some great photos that we’ll be able to share at a later date.

Time for you to share!

Mr. Linky is now closed – thanks to these who shared their worship confessionals and recaps:

Sunday Setlists Participants

1. Gary Durbin
2. HL McConnell
3. Billy Chia
4. Wayne Thomas
5. Mike
6. Jim Drake
7. Amanda
8. Dorothy (vicar of vibe)
9. brent(inworship)
10. Alastair Vance
11. Jon Morris
12. James (@englishguy)
13. Ben Abu Saada (Overland Park, KS)
14. Angela Ramsey
15. Peter Green
16. Sunny Cain
17. Bobby Gilles (Sojourn Music)
18. Kim Bontrager
19. Courtney Feia
20. Jeff M. Miller
21. Beth Brawley
22. Matt Stevens
23. Rob Petrini
24. Kyle Campos
25. John Morris
26. jon mark
27. JonWesley Barnhill (FBC Key Largo)
28. Paul Joseph
29. Rich Kirkpatrick
30. Ed Schief
31. Michelle Weger – Collision
32. Brandon Teer
33. Randy Neufeld
34. Jamey Ketchum
35. WorshipCity
36. Steve Lowe
37. Mark Roach
38. Randy Neufeld (reposted)

Powered by… Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets.

48 comments on Sunday Setlists #6 – What Happened at YOUR Church Service?

sounds like a great change of pace. I’m glad it went well.

Gary Durbins last blog post..Worship Confessional 08.31.08

Gary, HL – wow, you guys must’ve been stalking – I just hit “publish” like 30 seconds ago!

3. HL says:

Fred, thanks for doing this. It has helped me allot and has allowed me to meet & learn from other leaders. Many blessings brother!

HL

4. Billy Chia says:

Worship outside sounds fun, kinda. It was killer hot here today. I was pretty thankful to be inside. Maybe when it gets a little cooler. It must have been cool to worship with your whole community together.

Billy Chias last blog post..Just Start Out Worshiping

5. Wayne says:

Awesome morning or worship! I hope you guys/gals all ‘experienced’ the Lord this morning!

Be Blessed!

Wayne

Waynes last blog post..Sunday Set List – 8/31/08

We had a really great worship time today. For some reason, we wound up kicking it up quite a bit. I love it!

Mikes last blog post..Setlist Sunday – Aug 31

We have church in the park tonight–but no music. Just fellowship and games.

Our worship was great. “GREAT THINGS” really kicked it off right. Everything rocked today.

Jim Drakes last blog post..Pastor Comes From The Nursery

8. A. says:

I absolutely love the song “I Will Never Be the Same Again” – great song, and what a great place to worship — on the beach with God’s creation, worshiping Him!

A.s last blog post..Sunday Setlist – 08/31/08

Holy is the Lord- Craig Smith (not Tomlin stuff)
    He Reigns- Newsboys
    All Because of Jesus-Steve Fee (closer to the CasingCrowns version but really our own concoction)
    Unveil- Jeff Deyo
    Majesty (Here I Am)- PK7 version
    Unfailing Love – Hillsong (altar)

We nearly have all the bugs out of the system since moving the whole platform around last weekend.

10. Got it up. Sorry I missed the live discussion. I was still in church 🙂

brent(inWorship)s last blog post..Sunday Setlist #2

11. Jon Morris says:

how many weeks has this been going?

love it Fred. good stuff, great idear.

Go Razorbacks! kinda : /

12. Ben says:

Up! Later fellow worship peeps!

Bens last blog post..Worship Recap: 8/30/08

13. I finally figured out how to do this…..not that it was so hard but actually taking the time to figure it out.

14. Pingback: ASNN
  15. Sunny Cain says:

Thanks for providing Sunday Setlists….it is awesome to see what other worship leaders are doing and I look forward to it every week!

Sunny Cains last blog post..What a weekend! (Sunday Setlists)

Down by the beach — what a great idea. Can’t wait to see the photos.

Bobby Gilless last blog post..Psalms, Hymns and Spiritual Songs: Sojourn’s Corporate Worship Liturgy, August 31, 2008

17. kim says:

First time contributor to the Sunday carnival.
    Sunday’s DO often feel like a circus, I have to say.
    Sounds like your church had a great experience today. Thanks for writing about it, and for inviting us to participate this way.

kims last blog post..Worship reflections 08.31.08

18. Hi all. I’m up.

Courtney Feias last blog post..Sunday set 8.31

19. beth says:

I’m in…it was excruciatingly hot for us – no a/c!!! But a great day nonetheless….Happy Labor Day, all!

beths last blog post..Sunday Setlist 8.31.08

20. Matt Stevens says:

The sound of praise out in the open must have been amazing! Thanks for sharing, Fred.

Matt Stevenss last blog post..August 31, 2008

I am in North Georgia visiting family…so I didn’t participate in my regular worship band. I did however sit in on drums with my younger brother as he led worship at my dad’s church.

Fun stuff.

Back to Setlist Sunday next week.

Would have loved to have been at the park with you guys.

22. Rob Petrini says:

Have you played “I Will Never Be The Same Again” often? It’s been a while, but I’d love to introduce into our set. Thanks again Fred, enjoying the blog!

23. Rob Petrini says:

That’s one thing I miss about home (home being a little town called Helensburgh about 2 hours south of Sydney, Australia)… in the summertime we’d have church on the beach, and then a pot luck picnic afterwards… there’s just something about waves and saltwater!

Rob Petrinis last blog post..New Release for Cool Hand Luke

Another step forward for LCC this week. Less attention being paid to the band 3 weeks into the relaunch and that’s good. Hoping that’s because we have some consistency in excellence and not because there’s nothing good to pay attention to.

25. jon mark says:

sorrrrry for being late, but i was enjoying the extra time with my family with the extra day off from work!!! it was a “different” week for us in the Source…go check it out…and thanks again fred for setting this all up…

jon marks last blog post..sunday setlists…take four…

26. JonWesley says:

My setlist is up. (I’ve been enjoying some family time, so it took an extra day.) This one’s video, so sorry you have to see me!

JonWesleys last blog post..Sunday Setlist: True Confessions for Sunday, August 31, 2008

27. Paul J. says:

Sorry for the late contribution…

28. Ed Schief says:

Fred, after reading my post, I hope you’ll still let me hang out here.

Ed Schiefs last blog post..Follow-up To Skipping Church

29. Hey Fred,

This is my first time. Glad to see everyone.
    Have Fun!

Jamey Ketchums last blog post..ALL CLEAR: FeedMedic Alert for http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheKetchKronicle

30. WorshipCity says:

Hey man, I needed something to reflect on other than Gustav. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers!

WorshipCitys last blog post..Sunday Worship – Aug 31st Pre-Gustav