I spent the entire day (well, except for a couple of hours around lunch time for worship and prayer) in my studio today creating my “first official loop” for use in corporate worship.
The loop is to “Hosanna” by Paul Baloche and Brenton Brown. I’ve loved this song since I first heard it a couple of years ago but have yet to incorporate it into personal worship. I haven’t even owned it until I bought the CD yesterday.
I’d like to introduce this to our congregation on Sunday but thought the added loops and synth would give it a bigger sound. So, here’s my first stab at making loops.
A couple of program notes:
- I couldn’t lock into the tempo on the album (A Greater Song) for anything – it was somewhere between 112-114 bpm. I wanted it a little bit faster so created my loop at 118 bpm.
- There is a 4-bar countoff, then a 4-bar intro where the acoustic guitar should come in.
- I cut the electric guitar solo in the middle of the song in half. Instead of a full pass through the Chorus, I only did a half chorus (8 bars) plus the sustained 9th bar. Don’t shoot me electric players – I’d love to have the full solo, but I’m trying to balance the solo time so that my congregation stays with us.
There are two three versions. Click is in the Right Side, but the Voice version adds vocal instructions in the South Georgia Redneck accent that only I could bring. Download links are now available – if you download, all I ask is that you leave a comment below, letting me know.
Hosanna – 118 bpm with click and voice instructions:
Hosanna – 118 bpm with click
Hosanna – 118 bpm with no click or voice instructions
Now Available – Ableton Live Set
Download (267 MB – .zip format)
Updates since first published:
1. added third version with no click or voice instructions
2. re-bounced click and click with voice – I realized that by stopping the song right after the last note (so avoid hearing extra clicks) I’d chopped off the delayed synth which is on a 188 bpm delay, matching the tempo, which should sustain for about 3 counts.
m. 5: 4 bar intro (bring in acoustic, drummer’s HH)
m. 9: Verse 1 (Praise is rising …)
m. 33: Chorus a
m. 41: Chorus b
m. 50: Verse 2 (Hear the sound of …)
m. 74: Chorus a
m. 82: Chorus b
m. 91: Instrumental Solo (only 8 bars, plus 1)
m. 100: Pre-Chorus (when we see You …) – instruments out
m. 108: Pre-Chorus (when we see You …)
m. 117: Chorus a
m. 125: Chorus b
m. 133: Repeat Chorus a
m. 141: Repeat Chorus b
m. 150: 4-bar Instrumental Vamp
m. 154 – Hosanna (4x) to end
Subscribe To Get More Music
I would be so honored if you would consider subscribing to my music. It’s completely free and is the best way to be notified when a new album, video, or instrumental composition is released.