Sunday Setlist #16 – Worship Service Recaps

OK, so can you believe that this is the 16th installment of “Sunday Setlists”?  Each week I post a recap of our worship service, and encourage others to do the same.  Whether you are part of leading a worship service, or if you just attended – if you can write a recap about it, join in!

Here’s the rules – they are actually quite simple:

1.  Post a blog about your worship service.  It can be a written review, a video “Worship Confessional” or whatever format you wish … we’d like to hear about what is happening at YOUR church!

2.  In the actual blog post, be sure and link back to THIS POST.  That’s important because it brings everyone here so they can view all the other worship reviews.  I’d recommend saying something like:
“To see other worship service recaps and setlists, visit “Sunday Setlists” at FredMcKinnon.Com” and use today’s link, which is:

3.  After blogging and linking back here, fill out the “Mister Linky” form below.
IMPORTANT:  In URL, be sure to put the URL to your actual “Sunday Setlist” post, not your blog’s homepage.  Homepage links will be deleted.

4.  Leave a comment, and then visit some of the other “Sunday Setlists” posts and comment there as well.

*** Hey, so, maybe you want to participate, but you don’t blog yourself … no problem, just leave a recap of your Sunday Service in the comments section below!

*** Sunday Setlist for St. Simons Community Church, November 9, 2008 ***

Text version:
Walk in Song:  See His Love (Tim Hughes)

Opening Song:  Your Grace is Enough
Second Set:
Mighty to Save, How Great is our God, How Great Thou Art, Piano Interlude

Closer:
Surrender

Here’s a video “worship confessional” for your viewing pleasure!

Worship Confessional – Fred McKinnon from Fred McKinnon on Vimeo.

OK – your turn … 1) blog about your service, 2) link back here, 3) fill out the Mister Linky to your “Sunday Setlist” URL, and 4) leave a comment below.

Sunday Setlists Participants

12. beth
13. Shawn Stinson
14. Wisdom Moon
15. Dean Lusk
16. Lori Biddle
17. Brandon Teer
18. Michelle Weger (Collision)
19. Russ Hutto
20. Shannon Lewis
21. Randy Neufeld
22. Gary Durbin
23. matt macdonald
24. Jeff M. Miller
25. Kyle Campos (Our Rising Sound)
26. Gary Durbin (good link)
27. Matt Stevens
28. HL McConnell
29. Rich Kirkpatrick RKWL
30. Paul Joseph
31. Steven Brooks
32. Russell Martin
33. JOn Morris
34. Billy Chia
35. David Goodwin
36. Woody – Level 13 Church
37. Bobby Gilles
38. Ben Abu Saada (Overland Park, KS)
39. jonmark
40. Steff
41. Lori Biddle

Powered by… Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets.

62 comments on Sunday Setlist #16 – Worship Service Recaps

1. Nice confessional, I really like your Ignite stage decor.

Man, so close…..

Mikes last blog post..Sunday Setlist – November 9

Hey Guys, way to jump right in … Mike, you were close, but I think David has a secret alert or something, he gets it within seconds of my hitting the publish button!

I’m headed off to checkout your setlists!

For the Kingdom,
    Fred McKinnon

4. windbag says:

This week was rough for me. I woke up at 3:something and was exhausted by service time. First service was iffy on vocals. We rocked the house and shouted to heaven in the second. Our drummer kicked off at a blistering pace, and rather than try to slow it down, we ran with it. God is good.

windbags last blog post..Sunday Setlists

5. Amanda says:

Love the songs you picked this week, Fred! Mighty To Save, How Great Is Our God, How Great Thou Art… such powerful songs with lyrics that I hope all embrace in exalting God and trusting in Him! 🙂

I’m hoping to eventually introduce How Great Is Our God (w/the chorus from How Great Thou Art) to our early service group via the choir. Praying for the right time. 🙂

Amandas last blog post..Sunday Setlist – 11/09/08

6. janowen says:

I’ll just be honest and admit that leading worship is kind of tough for me right now. When people are participating I love it but we are in a rebuilding phase at our church and it is – honestly – hard some days. So the 9:00 service was harder for me but the 10:45 seemed a little more alive. I’d appreciate your prayers, I seem to be experiencing a struggle in ministry right now as we continue to walk through a tough time. I really need to hear from God so if you could pray for me I’d appreciate it.

Also, if you want to do something really different with your team this Christmas, check out a worship project I started: http://www.aworshipfulheart.typepad.com/giveworship

Have a good week.

7. No. No special programs or reports, just must be my “Fred Sense.”

David Lindners last blog post..Weekend Review – 11-0809-08

8. Jay Sellers says:

Good set. Hearing a sex talk in church was the third high point of my day. Being in the video was the second high point of my day. And the high point of my day was **censored**!

Jay Sellerss last blog post..Elevate Set for November 4, 2008

9. ? well, we always hope people will APPLY what they have learned in church in their own lives when they leave. Poor Brooke, and I thought she wasn’t feeling well, today.

Fred F. McKinnons last blog post..Sunday Setlist #16 – Worship Service Recaps

10. Jay Sellers says:

I saw a window of opportunity and I took it.

Jay Sellerss last blog post..Elevate Set for November 4, 2008

11. I don’t feel all that great, but sick girls need love too 🙂

Leslie Brookes last blog post..We went REAL sailing last weekend…

12. oh man, this is going out of control, fast! 😀

Fred F. McKinnons last blog post..Sunday Setlist #16 – Worship Service Recaps

13. Jan,
    Praying for you – hang in there. I know you’ve got TONS going on right now, and hope everything comes through OK. Thanks for being vulnerable, and I got your email, will checkout the missions project!

Fred F. McKinnons last blog post..Sunday Setlist #16 – Worship Service Recaps

Hey–we did YOUR GRACE IS ENOUGH too!

Tell us about the IGNITE letters… pictures?

Jim Drakes last blog post..Worship Post-Fessional, November 9, 2009

15. Jim,
    They are styrofoam … huge styrofoam letters we cut out – and they sit on a black pedestal stand we built … concept came from Chris Moncus (www.chrismoncus.com) I believe, our Assoc. Tech Director … maybe he can chime in over here and give more details and pics.

The series is 6-weeks, so they will be there a while. When the lights are on the letters, they almost glow, and the black pedestal fades away into the black backdrop, and it’s almost as if they are suspended. They look even better on the camera.

For the Kingdom,
    Fred McKinnon

Fred F. McKinnons last blog post..Sunday Setlist #16 – Worship Service Recaps

16. Janaki says:

Loved the video! And your accents!

17. beth says:

Great recap. My favorite is seeing “AARRREEE VEEEEEE” and Jay running around the back. I’m gonna call AARRREEEE VEEEEE next time I need a sub drummer.

Fred, you make me wanna come to St. Simons. I’m so excited and encouraged by what I see happening there! Thanks so much for starting this setlist idea and giving us all a chance to share….You rock!!!!

That is a good set. We had people come to the altars before we got through with the second song today. I love watching God does work on hearts. The medley (I guess technically a medley if it’s only 2 songs!?) from How Great Is Your Love to Your Love Oh Lord was really sweet coming back into the bridge of How Great instead of the chorus.

Forgive me….often times my brain goes a different directions from what my fingers want to type.

20. Hey Brad,
    Just left a comment over there, dude you skipped #2 and #3 above … hahaha … u linked to your homepage, and then your post didn’t link back here at all (it was written in there, but wasn’t a link) .. anyway, that will make the whole carnival thing work – so when people click your link, it will go to your Sunday Setlist post, not just your homepage … .hope you can figure it out … and thanks!

FM

21. Janki and Beth … c’mon, are we THAT Southern?? (Hahaha)

I think I got it right this time….I don’t even remember what I said the last time….so just check out the blog. Good setlist, Fred.

23. beth says:

Fred, yes – I think you ARE that southern. Not that there’s anything wrong with that…

24. Sounds like a good morning.
    I like the video confessional. I might have to try that.

Shawn Stinsons last blog post..Sunday Setlist 11/09/08

25. @loswhit, can we get a little Ragamuffin participation in Sunday Setlist #16? In ur email. http://is.gd/6OOd

26. Sunday Setlists #16 – Everybody, click over, come share a recap of your worship experience today at http://www.fredmckinnon.comhttp://is.gd/6OOd

Love your auditorium! Thanks for sharing! We had a great weekend with drama as part of our worship as well as recognizing our veterans at the beginning of our service.

http://www.crossroadswired.com for our services
    http://www.loribiddle.com my blog

Lori Biddles last blog post..weekend report

28. Brandon Teer says:

WOW #17 this week!
    Thanks for sharing video this week.

Checking out all the different set lists has become my favorite thing to do on lunch breaks. Very cool.

This week we baptized eight people in our worship service. Good times!

Bobby Gilless last blog post..Sample Prayer Of Confession And Other Resources For The Season Of Advent

30. Great set! We had Surrender on the docket for our closer as well, but ended up having an incredible musician dropped in our lap who played a song we were hoping to use in our series (John Mayer’s Waiting on the World to Change) as our response song. It was cool stuff! Enjoyed the video.

Michelle Wegers last blog post..Fake it ’til you make it…

Posted. We had a great day! I’ve got 2 envelopes full of band and av team “interested” sign ups from yesterday. We made a call to action during the “commitment” time of our message yesterday. Hoping we’ll be able to plug some new folks in the next few weeks!

Russs last blog post..Blog Friends [Joel Klampert]

Dude, your second set is like greatest hits for the church. Can’t go wrong with those. I’m with Bobby, I’ve been checking out the different set lists on lunch breaks. Thanks Fred.

Gary Durbins last blog post..Worship Confessional 11.09.08

Wow, this week’s service was AMAZING! We did baptisms through worship and saw and heard testimonies I’ve never before experienced. I talk more about the incredible testimony given at ORS.

Kyles last blog post..Video sneak peak from Chris Lizotte’s “Signal Hill Revival” release

34. Hey… I made it here again. How’s everyone doin?

Rich Kirkpatricks last blog post..Boy and Plane: Photo CAPTION Please…

35. Paul J. says:

Boogity, boogity, boogity.

Paul J.s last blog post..Sunday Retrospective – November 9, 2008

36. kudzu fire says:

if you want a blessing, be a blessing

37. Jon Morris says:

i like it when fred used to post this up first thing in the morning. anyone else?

if you need something to lighten your day go here:

38. Steff says:

Loved the video confessional 🙂

Steffs last blog post..

39. jon mark says:

i almost forgot this part…oops!

jon marks last blog post..sunday setlists…take eleven…

40. Steff says:

I love “How great is our God” & “How Great Thou art” together. Great set.

Steffs last blog post..

41. Rule #3 – you’d all be amazed how many “Sunday Setlist” links in the Mr. Linky get DELETED every week because folks won’t follow this simple rule.

Why? Because people are visiting this “Sunday Setlist” and other posts for days, weeks, and even months later … and if your link in the Mr. Linky is to your blog’s homepage, the visitors will only find your homepage – your most recent blog posts, they won’t see your “Sunday Setlist” post, and will be confused.

Please … #3 … it’s not that hard, folks!
    OK – back to our regularly scheduled programming.

(we’d be over 50 sites in the Mr. Linky now if Mr. Linky wasn’t deleting posts to homepages)

Fred F. McKinnons last blog post..Sunday Setlist #16 – Worship Service Recaps