Sunday Setlists #34 – Worldwide Worship Recaps

sunday_setlist_2

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the 34th consectuive week of “Sunday Setlists” – a blog carnival where we all share a recap of our worship services.  Thanks to all of you who have been participating.  A few questions I get every week:

1 – What if our services aren’t on Sunday?  NO PROBLEM – it’s called “Sunday Setlists” because that’s when I post this … you can post recaps from your Sunday services, Saturday services, Mid-Week, or any special events.  If you are a touring worship band, share your setlists from your concerts!

2 – I don’t have a blog.  NO PROBLEM – leave your recap as a comment below!

3 – I’m not the Worship Leader.  NO PROBLEM – we welcome (and encourage) recaps from the “congregation” point of view.

4 – I didn’t lead this Sunday, I was off.  GREAT – give us your perspective from “off” the stage!

How to Participate

Checkout the full details here.  Simply:
1.  Blog about your worship service(s).  (Don’t have a blog, see #2 above!)
2.  Link back to THIS POST in your blog.  This is very important.  Link to:
3.  Fill out the Mister Linky below and enter the URL to your blog post.  NOT your homepage!
4.  Leave a comment and visit the others.
5.  If you use Twitter, share your Setlist link with this tag:  #sundaysetlists
(see all Twitter posts with #sundaysetlists)

My Worship Confessional

So today was a different day for me as the Worship Pastor here at SSCC.  This was my view:

foh

Yep – today, I scheduled myself OFF the platform, and ON the mixer.  I had the pleasure of mixing FOH today.  Thankfully, I had our Tech Director, Travis Paulding, next to me in case I blew something up.  He was producing today.

I think it’s important as a Worship Pastor to develop leaders – and to give them their space.
* sing with me while I lead
* I’ll sing and play with you while YOU lead
* You lead

kimKim Dixon led the worship today, and she did an exceptional job.  Kim is a natural and has the voice of an angel.  I worked with Kim on song selection, keys, etc., but let her do the bulk of the rehearsing and arranging.  Here’s the setlist for today at SSCC with Kim leading:

Walk In:  Come, Now is the Time to Worship
Opening Song:  I Have Found (Kim Walker)
*Break*
Second Set:
Your Grace is Enough
How Great is our God

*Special*
Held (Natalie Grant)

*Video Testimony*  (will post video later this week)

*Sermon*
“The First Half was Great, The Second Half was the Pits” (Guest, Bill Barrow)
We are in Week 3 of 6 in our series on the Book of Job, “When it Hurts”.  He did an awesome job.

Closer:
“Rescue” (Desperation Band)

Today’s service was really strong.  The Book of Job always brings some tension into the room.  How many of us really “like” the God that allowed those things to happen to Job.  The special music “Held” went directly into a powerful video testimony of a lady in our church who’d lost her son.  We found out after the 9:00 service that some guests came today who’d just lost an infant to SIDS a few weeks ago.  Wow, what a week to show up for the first time.

At the conclusion you could see lots of people praying and responding to the Word of God.  Next week will provide evey more opportunity for people to respond as we tackle “wrestling with God”.

I look forward to seeing what everybody else is doing today!  So go for it!

Particpants:

Enter your Name and the URL to your actual blog (c’mon folks, don’t enter blog homepage URL’s here!  They will be deleted.  Homepage links look like this:  yourname.blogspot.com or yourname.wordpress.com or www.yourdomain.com … we need a FULL URL to your blog post – if you are unsure about this, publish your blog, then click on the blog’s title, and copy THAT URL)

86 comments on Sunday Setlists #34 – Worldwide Worship Recaps

1. Jon Morris says:

Wow, I’m first.

Check out my blog in the next few days. Posting pics and video and thoughts from a songwriting extravaganza.

Took 4 guys out in the woods and wrote 10 songs in 24 hours. It was insane but lots of fun. Stretched us all.

1. Jon,
      Awesome – I can’t wait to hear about the songwriter’s retreat.

2. PLEASE tell me there are mp3s of today’s music floating around somewhere.
    I love me some Kimmy!!

1. Mandy,
      I tracked the whole first service, we’ll see how it sounds – you know how those house mixes off the console are. I’ll let ya know.

3. Sounds like a great day Fred! I bet it was nice to see things for the sound man’s perspective:)

4. Clay says:

All Hail the Power—G3 arrangement
    You Are—Mark Roach
    You Never Let Go–Redman/praisecharts arr.
    Revelation Song–Our IT song this AM
    Message—God’s TARP–Prov 3:1-12
    I Need Thee Every Hour–old school

I’m in the top 10 today. That’s great! Fred, I think our sound guy would get offended if someone else ran sound. He likes the new Allen and Heath we got him in January!

1. Brad,
      We’ve got a couple of A&H in our building, too – good consoles!

6. I personally find it interesting to mix-it-up by doing different jobs during the weekend experience.
    Is this Kim’s first weekend leading?
    Looking forward to the video…
    Love Job. One of my very favorite quotes is: ~Because God is silent, Ecclesiastes has nothing, even though he has everything. Because God speaks, Job has everything even though he has nothing. ~ P. Kreeft.
    I really like how your song selection matched up so well with the message, and obviously really on target. Don’t you love when God does that?

1. Hey Dorothy,
      Kim has led many times … she’s great. The song selection is a result of a lot of discussion, prayer and planning .. one of the advantages of a content team and meeting w/ the speaker, etc. It works well!

7. Jan Owen says:

I didn’t lead today, but you can check out what we did at The Brook today!

8. Chris J says:

1. For Who You Are – Hillsong
    2. I Will Never Be – Hillsong
    3. Hear.. Our…Praises – um, Hillsong again.
    4. Made Me Glad… Hillsong AGAIN!
    5. Arise – Don Moen but we do a very ramped up version… didn’t realize all the hillsong was in there, but that’s cool… great band, great ministry!
    Oh, and we did have a sermon & teaching & stuff today!

9. Mike Mahoney says:

We switched up some roles as well today!

So, did you show them how things were “supposed” to sound? I know us musicians always think we can do better from the stage!

10. Really appreciated your comments about “letting go”, Fred. As ministry leaders, we must always have an open hand prepared to release control. After all, it’s not about us or our egos!

Good to see churches dealing with fundamental truths!

We had a great morning. Two new songs on one Sunday, plus a video!

Have a great week of service everyone!

I like your pics! Also, that’s a great model you’ve presented, Fred:

* sing with me while I lead
    * I’ll sing and play with you while YOU lead
    * You lead

12. Paulo says:

For the whole month of February, I let people that I had been training and mentoring for the past year lead worship during the morning services. It was a great experience for me to see the church from a different viewpoint, lead worship in our children’s church and see that I do in fact belong to a a great church that loves to worship. I was also extremely proud of the job they all did.

It’s great to be able to raise people up and watch them shine!

1. Paulo,
      That’s awesome – one of the reasons i’ll be scheduling myself off 2-3 times per quarter, i’d like to visit Tiny Town and other venues in our bldg as well!

13. So glad to see Kim Walker’s I Have Found getting used more and more. It’s on my list to be introduced in May/June.

And I want your mixer 🙂

16. Kit Palmer says:

Hey Fred, I made it in the Top 20 this week!

Have spent a lot of time in Job over the past six months or so….it’s a tough book and a tough side of God to digest!

1. Kit – yep, it’s a tough book to deal with, God is thinking “let’s see what they will do with THIS book”. 🙂

Great day! I heard Kim sing when I visited a while back. Awesome!

Proud of you for creating those “spaces” where YOU aren’t needed. Well, you’re needed in a sense, but you know what I mean.

I told a guy today on the team that I was so proud of them for volunteering and making musical worship at HOJ happen and that I’d be totally cool with just not being there on ANY given Sunday because their hearts, skills, and attitudes were so RIGHT!

Awesome.

18. Jen Kerr says:

Hey everybody!
    Hope your services went great this week..
    If you get a chance, check out my post and weigh in on a worship question I wrote at the bottom.
    Peace,
    Jen

19. Pingback: Chris Vacher
  20. Wayne Thomas says:

You’re a good leader, Fred. I know your volunteers appreciate you. And I agree with Steff, it probably was a good thing to sit back in the booth today. You can see, and hear a lot of things you don’t normally see and hear from back there.

Blessings!

Wayne

21. Finally made it. I almost decided to post tomorrow but gathered up the energy to get join in tonight. Have a great week.

22. Glad to see FB connect… who did that first? 😉

greetings, fred. love the idea of bringing up leaders other than yourself…that’s my desire more and more.

24. Paul J. says:

Boom shaka laka laka….

25. Fred, good to see everyone here. Heck, its good to be back here. I lost track of things. Looking forward to looking at some setlists. I am in the mood to learn! BTW- I also like the progression of lead (past tense) to leading. Be blessed, Brother!

1. Okay, so I just realized that when you do the trackback right, your blog sucks it in and updates automatically. Very cool. Okay, I’m done now.

Just posted ours! And Fred – I’m planning to do this exact same thing in a couple of weeks.

This weekend was awesome, but, I am very, very tired and very, very thankful to the Lord for helping with all the details!

28. Conner Byrd says:

Dang dude when it’s Sunday night and I’m stinking number 40!! Rock on Fred!

29. Dean Lusk says:

Fred, I love that you stepped down for the week and put someone else in the lead worshipper position. I thought it was doubly cool that you had a guest speaker today. I have enough issues with everyone being happy when I want to have a guest leader.

That’s some amazing stuff about the testimony and the visiting family today. God is good. Praying now that He spoke to them in a way that will bring comfort.

Made a new banner this week. It’s specific to my setlist this week, so it’s a little more of a novelty than the one with the pen and paper.

As always, thanks for the community-building!

30. Bj Collins says:

Wow Fred!!! I got to mix our youth band before, but my view had words like “Behringer” and “Mackie” directly in front of me! It looks like you were on the bridge of the Starship Enterprise 1701-D today!

31. Bj Collins says:

OK my worshipful friends! I’m done writing my blog about this weekend – and I hope you won’t all quit your jobs and become investment bankers and mortgage brokers as a result of what you read!

All-star lineups, TOP-10 HITS, guest technical gurus, total sound reconfigurations, major discouragements stopped dead in their tracks by a single line of scripture, and A WHOLE LOT OF SINNERS in one place… THE CHURCH!

Check it out! I’ll be around to see what all of the blog carnival worship leaders were up to this weekend and hopefully leave a few comments, unless they come over and take away my computer before I can get it done!

33. Chuck Harris says:

great Sunday. hope you all had a good one as well. Kudo’s to you Fred for training worship leaders. i’m working on that as well.

34. MIcah Petrea says:

Week #2 with you all, thanks to Fred for giving us this place to connect.

35. Happy Spring Break week everybody.

Challenging day all around, sick pastor, technical issues, broken guitar string…But we all met with Jesus, thank you God.

37. Bryan says:

Glad to join the carnival…nice seeing what other worship leaders are up to.

38. So glad this a part of my week every week! Thanks, Fred!

39. Brandon Teer says:

Glad to be apart of this another week!!!!!

40. HL says:

“I have Found” is a great tune!

41. Jon McKanna says:

i’m sooo late this week…but i’m in!!! i love “held”…great tune in MHO…

42. Bill Horn says:

I love the fact that you feel secure enough to share your leadership with your team. I want to do more of that in my leading!

Thanks for all you do!

43. Matt Stevens says:

Better late than never!

44. Drew Brown says:

This has been such a great way to connect to and learn from other worship leaders and pastors. Thanks Fred!! This is my 2nd week and I’m really enjoying the community!!

45. Alan Gustin says:

I have finally gotten around to designing a little page on my blog for listing our wrship sets at The Journey – the church re-plant I’ve joined as worship team leader.
    I will spice it up later when I have some more time. We hope to have mp3s and videos soon.

God Bless you, Fred for putting all this together!
    AG

46. Simonn says:

Very interesting article, i have bookmarked your blog for future referrence. Best regards

47. Hey I finally made it this week. Now to get some sleep for tomorrows service. Hope you all have a good one.