Welcome to the 38th week of the “Sunday Setlists” blog carnival. For more info on the “Sunday Setlists” blog carnival, click here. If you’d like to receive an email reminder each week when “Sunday Setlists” is published, go to the signup page.
HAPPY EASTER PRAISE GOD, THE TOMB IS EMPTY!
Today people all over the world celebrated the biggest victory of Christian faith – that our God is alive. Death could not hold Him. The grave couldn’t contain Him.
To participate in “Sunday Setlists” you need to do the following:
1. Blog about your worship service. Share the theme, the songs, and any other creative elements. You could’ve led the service, or just attended – if you were at a worship service, please participate. If you were at OUR worship service, please participate. If you don’t have a blog – just leave your recap in the “comments” section below.
2. In your blog (if you blog), please mention that you are participating in “Sunday Setlists” at FredMcKinnon.Com, which should link back to:
3. Fill out the “Mister Linky” box below and leave the URL to your blog post. (Don’t use the URL of your homepage, please)
4. Leave a comment and visit the other sites to see what others did today.
5. Spread the word. If you use Twitter, please promote your recap using the #sundaysetlists hashtag.
My “Sunday Setlists” for St. Simons Community Church
Wow, what a glorious day. I think we had at least 500-600 visitors. I’m guessing we had between 1800-2000 adults this morning – both services were completely packed. We had an unusual set design, kicking off our series called “Break Free” on fear … our stage set was a dunegon, complete with torches, bars, stockades, shackles and chains. Not your typical “Easter Lillies” set.
Extended Walk-in Music:
Glory Hallelujah (G) – ole’ school, fast gospel song, led by Harriet
Shackles (Gm) – classic funk/rock groove – Shannon Lewis joined Kim Dixon singing the solo verses and completely tore it up.
Happy Day (C) – Tim Hughes (led by Shannon)
For All You’ve Done (E) – Hillsongs (led by Fred)
Mighty to Save (A) – Hillsongs (led by Fred)
Shout to the Lord (A) – Hillsongs (went from Chorus of Mighty to Save directly into the Chorus of “Shout to the Lord”, it was powerful, and gave me chills, led by Fred)
The Glorious Impossible (C) – Carl Cartee (AMAZING SONG)
(led by Shannon)
Sermon: Break Free, Part 1 (Fear)
(sermon will be available on podcast at www.sscommunitychurch.com later this week)
In Christ Alone (D) – Townend/Getty (Harriet led)
It really was an awesome day for us, and I’m sure it was for you as well!
Your turn … post your comment below and share about your worship service. If you blog about it, be sure and link back here (see rules above) and enter the full URL to your entry below in this Mr. Linky. (remember, no homepage links allowed, such as myblog.wordpress.com or myblog.blogspot.com, etc … if you are unsure what to do, publish your blog, then go back to your blog, click the title, and copy THAT URL)
Support Fred’s Music
If you are blessed by this music, I would be so honored if you would consider becoming a part of my inner-circle of patron supporters! For as little as $5/month you can be a supporter of my music and help me to continue providing peaceful piano instrumental music for the world.