Happy Mother’s Day!
As we celebrate the 42nd consecutive week of “Sunday Setlists”, let’s remember our Mothers. Thank God for Moms, right? I gotta say how proud I am of my wife, Joy. Not only is she an incredible wife and mom … she’s bad to da bone – and completed her first ever triathlon this morning. What a way to spend Mother’s Day – hitting the water at 7:20 AM for a triathlon. I was “Mr. Mom” for the weekend and kept our 4 kids. It’s been a blast.
Sunday Setlists Blog Carnival
So here it is – Week #42. For full details on the vision and purpose behind “Sunday Setlists”, please click here.
If you’d like to get an email reminder each week to post your setlist, please signup here.
How to Participate:
- Blog about your worship services this week. Share about your songs, arrangements, sermon series, and media/creative elements. (If you don’t have a blog, feel free to share your recap in the comments box below.)
- If you blog, please link back to this post in your blog, and share that you are participating in the “Sunday Setlists” blog carnival at FredMcKinnon.Com. The URL that you should use in linking back in your post for this week is:
- Fill out the Mister Linky box below – be sure you put the URL back to your actual “Sunday Setlists” post.
- Leave a comment and take some time to visit all the other links to see what other churches are doing.
- Share with your friends and readers. Twitter users, please use the #sundaysetlists hashtag.
Worship Setlist for St. Simons Community Church, 5/10/09
Wow, what an incredible time of worship today. He brought in a new guitarist who recently got saved. He did a great job and it was awesome seeing our regular bass player out there on the 2nd row with his wife and family worshiping Jesus.
Today I could really hear the people singing. I think it had a lot to do with the arrangements and the song selections. It’s one of the most beautiful sounds ever – hearing your people sing to God.
Walk-In Song: “Revival” (From Revival in Belfast)
Opening Song: “Let Everything That Has Breath”
“Revelation Song” (started in C, and did a cool modulation to D coming out of the 3rd verse, very powerful)
Heroes – Part 1 (honoring our parents and moms, specifically)
“This is the Gift of God” (Carl Cartee)
“O The Blood/Nothing But the Blood of Jesus Medley” (old-school, simple medley)
“Mighty Is The Power of the Cross”
It was a great time at SSCC. There was a very upbeat feeling in the room today.
Just before the sermon we played “The Mom Song” on the big screens … if you haven’t see this yet, it’s worth the watch:
There you have it – it’s your turn now. Be sure to enter the actual, full URL to your blog post, and not your blog’s homepage. Homepage links will be deleted.
Subscribe To Get More Music
I would be so honored if you would consider subscribing to my music. It’s completely free and is the best way to be notified when a new album, video, or instrumental composition is released.