Well, it’s officially the start of the SUMMER SEASON for us. Hope you had a great week of worship.
- Blog about your worship service(s) this week. (If you don’t have a blog, just share your recap as a comment below).
- In your blog, please mention that you are participating in the “Sunday Setlists” blog carnival at FredMcKinnon.Com and link back to today’s post. Each week you should link back to the most current post. Today’s post is:
- Leave a link to your recap in the “Mr. Linky” below. (note: Mr. Linky has been extremely unreliable lately, so if it doesn’t show up, just come back and try adding your link later)
- Please comment below and let us know you’re in, and then visit the other links and see what others are doing in their worship services.
- Spread the word on email, FaceBook, other Worship Community Sites, and via Twitter. (use the #sundaysetlists hashtag on Twitter)
My Worship Recap for St. Simons Community Church
Today marked the first official “Sunday” of the summer season here in the Golden Isles. All of the schools are out and everyone is taking off to the beach and pools. In spite of this, we had a good crowd in both our 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM services today.
We continued on the final week of our 2-week “Celebrate Life” series where we are honoring God, our volunteers, ministries, and sharing testimonies of what God has done through the ministry of SSCC over the last year. Our music reflected this “celebration” theme, as you will see:
Walk In: “Celebration” (Kool and the Gang)
Opener: “Again I Say Rejoice” (Israel Houghton)
*we had trumpet and sax again on these songs and it was awesome having live horns!
Amazing Grace/My Chains Are Gone (led by Shannon Lewis)
Hosanna (Hillsong) – led by Callie Fendig, returning college student
David’s sermon had multiple live and video testimonies woven throughout showcasing various ministries and celebrations of what God has done at SSCC in the last year.
Closer: “I Will Never Be” (Hillsong)
This song is an older Hillsong ballad that has become somewhat of a “theme” song for our church as “Never be the same again” is a tagline on our logo and marketing materials. It’s also our heartfelt desire – that people would be impacted by Christ and “never be the same again”.
That’s a wrap for us. Now it’s time for you to share. Enter your comment and link below. Be sure your link goes DIRECTLY to your “Sunday Setlists” blog post or worship confessional, and not to your blog’s homepage, please.
Subscribe To Get More Music
I would be so honored if you would consider subscribing to my music. It’s completely free and is the best way to be notified when a new album, video, or instrumental composition is released.