Welcome to the 52nd week of “Sunday Setlists”. That’s right, today is the completion of a FULL YEAR of people sharing their worship service recaps together! It seems like we just started this yesterday.
WE’RE GONNA HAVE A PARTY NEXT WEEK!
So next week (July 26) will be our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! We’re having a party, and I’d like to encourage you to invite everyone that you can think of to participate. We’ll be having some incredible giveaways and prizes based on random drawings from the people who leave their comments! Books, CDs, DVDs, Songbooks, and all sorts of prizes from some incredible sponsors … you don’t want to miss next week!
Here’s a recap on how to participate:
1. Blog about your worship services this week. (Don’t have a blog, just leave it in the comments below)
2. In your blog or worship service recap, please mention that you are participating in the “Sunday Setlists” blog carnival at FredMcKinnon.Com and link to today’s post, which is:
3. Leave your URL in the “Mister Linky” box below, making sure the URL goes directly to your “Sunday Setlists” blog post (not your blog’s homepage)
4. Leave a comment and visit the other links to see what is happening in worship services worldwide.
5. Spread the word on FaceBook, Email, Your Blog, and Twitter. (in Twitter, use #sundaysetlists hashtag and it will show up on our TWUB)
My Worship Confessional for SSCC
Exciting day at SSCC as we continue to dive into the richness of the message of salvation in our “Unwrapped” series. I was brought to tears as I saw young and old standing to acknowledge their need to pray the prayer of salvation. Praise God for the spiritual birthdays that happened today.
Drums: R.V. Cates
Acoustic Guitar/Vocals: Shannon Lewis
Bass Guitar: Gary Share
Saxophone: Josh Nunn
Electric Guitar: Kimbo McMinn
Additional Vocals: Brent Barbee, Michele May, Lori Nichols
Worship Leader: Fred McKinnon
“You Are Everything” (Matthew West)
– I’ve always loved this song on the radio and I also knew my vocal limitations … this one would have to wait for one of our male vocal powerhouses. I had Shannon sing the lead on this and Brent nailed the super-high tenor harmonies. It was a big song!
“Glorious One” (Steve Fee)
– I drop this down to the Key of C so that people can actually sing along. It was fun watching young and old singing this song as it’s becoming a regular in our rotation now at SSCC.
Jon Blankenship (Youth Pastor) did announcements and surprised us all with an impromptu rap of the books of the Bible. You’d just have to be there. Only JBlank can pull that stuff off. It was hilarious, and totally unscripted. At least we knew it was coming in the 2nd service.
“When I Think About the Lord” (Shane & Shane version) – G
“Amazing Grace/My Chains Are Gone” (my arrangement, in E)
– love doing this in the lower key of E .. it fits my lower voice perfectly, and allows you to really soar on the Chorus. We took advantage of having Josh on sax and let him take a lead through the Chorus before the final, 4th verse. It was incredible and lifted the spirits even higher.
“Sweetly Broken” (Jeremy Riddle, Key of B) – led by Shannon
Sermon: “Unwrapped” series
Closer: “I Will Never Be” (led by Lori)
Again, it was powerful as David really called out the differences between “new life” (salvation) and “religion”. I’m convinced there were people who had plenty of religion yet had never truly experienced salvation. Today was their day.
SO REMEMBER, NEXT WEEK IS THE 1-YEAR ANNIVERSARY PARTY. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD. TELL PEOPLE TO COME. THERE WILL BE PRIZES, PRIZES, AND MORE PRIZES!
Oh yeah – and for those using Twitter to promote your “Sunday Setlists” post – use the #sundaysetlists hashtag and show up in the “Twub” below:
That’s a wrap for us. Time for you to share your worship setlists! Remember, make sure your URL is the full URL to your blog post, and not your blog’s homepage. Pretty please.
Support Fred’s Music
If you are blessed by this music, I would be so honored if you would consider becoming a part of my inner-circle of patron supporters! For as little as $5/month you can be a supporter of my music and help me to continue providing peaceful piano instrumental music for the world.