Sunday Setlists #55 – Worship Service Recaps (#sundaysetlists)

sunday_setlist_2

Welcome to the 55th edition of “Sunday Setlists” – the blog carnival where we share our worship service recaps with one another.  We continue to celebrate our ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY and will be giving away some cool stuff (CDs, towels, bags, and songbooks) from EMI/WorshipTogether.Com!  Drawings will take place and will come from the “Mr. Linky” entries, comments, and trackbacks from all “Sunday Setlists” entries since week #52!

For more details on the “Sunday Setlists” program, click here.
To receive a reminder email each week to post your setlist, click here.

Here’s a recap on how to participate:

1.  Blog about your worship services this week.  (Don’t have a blog, just leave it in the comments below)
2.  In your blog or worship service recap, please mention that you are participating in the “Sunday Setlists” blog carnival at FredMcKinnon.Com and link to today’s post, which is:
3.  Leave your URL in the “Mister Linky” box below, making sure the URL goes directly to your “Sunday Setlists” blog post (not your blog’s homepage)
4.  Leave a comment and visit the other links to see what is happening in worship services worldwide.
5.  Spread the word on FaceBook, Email, Your Blog, and Twitter.  (in Twitter, use #sundaysetlists hashtag)

My Worship Confessional for SSCC

Today was my first day back @sscc in a couple of weeks.  It was great being back with the crew.  Today was the final day in the 7-week series called “Unwrapped” and David’s message centered on the reality of hell.  It was tense and powerful.

Walk In:  “See His Love”
Opening Set:
“Your Grace is Enough”
“No Other Name” (Northpoint Live)

Special Music:  “Yeshua” – a song written by one of our guitarists, Tim Haynes.  Tim and Amy led this vocally and it was wonderful.  The song nearly fell apart in the 9:00 AM service when part of the band missed the tag for the ending and kept on playing the song through.  There was a couple of bars of confusion, and Tim picked it up and tagged the song to end it.  After the break, the bass guitarist (who led into the mistake) commented that he was “caught up” in the song and thinking of Tim.  It’s a great example of how we have to be careful as leaders – we want to be “caught up” in the music, yes … but not to the point where we lose focus that we’re a team and we’re leading others.  We nailed it in the 11:00 AM service and despite our hiccup in the 9:00, people were really blessed.

Communion Worship:
“This is the Gift of God”
“Mighty is the Power of the Cross”
“Mighty to Save” – what an incredible song to end a message on salvation from hell and eternal damnation and to celebrate the Eucharist.

I was very happy with the service flow.  We celebrated in praise, transitioned into a time of special music and reflection, had a tense but necesary sermon on salvation and hell, then celebrating communion together.

I’d like to wrap up this Sunday review with some “behind-the-scenes” iPhone shots from Chris Moncus, our Associate Tech Director.  Chris captured a lot of the stuff happening in the background and in other worship venues today at SSCC and posted on his Twitter and on his Facebook profile.

amanda

rushhourband

rushhour

That’s a wrap for us.  Time for you to share your worship setlists!  Remember, make sure your URL is the full URL to your blog post, and not your blog’s homepage.  Pretty please.

48 comments on Sunday Setlists #55 – Worship Service Recaps (#sundaysetlists)

Sounds like a wonderful time for you guys out in Georgia! My wife’s mic cord went bad at the closing song today by squealing a high piercing tone. Good thing it was the end of the service.

2. windbag says:

Sounds like a great service. We did Mighty to Save this morning, too. What a great song. You can keep it down low or blast it. Maybe it’s ego, but I particularly hate to blow an original. I guess it’s because the congregation isn’t familiar with it, and can fill in the missing element.

3. Looks like you guys had a great service. I’d love to begin doing some original songs in ours, but I guess that would mean I’d need to write some.

4. Hey Fred, we had a brief moment when I was so caught up in the song, that I forgot to start. Sure glad the rest of the team was ready!

Have a great week everyone!

I missed worshiping with our congregation today, but sounds like they had a great weekend! Looks like all of you did too!

God Bless!

6. HL says:

Great set list today Fred. Um, I totally understand mistakes. After we sang In Christ Along today I went straight into “before the throne of God” and I could not remember the melody for the first line. I asked if anyone else knew it and everyone laughed then I remembered it 🙂 Grace, much grace. Normally I have my wife to remind me if I get lost in the moment which happens sometimes. I totally understand. 🙂

7. David says:

Mighty To Save is an awesome way to finish a day where the reality of hell is taught…the greater reality that God wins! Woohoo!

8. Chris Moncus says:

Thanks for the love Fred.

Hey–

Love the pics from worship…. glad Chris is thinking able to capture those.

My update it posted.

10. Hey Fred, I’m in. It’s been a while, but I’m back. Nice pics!

11. you… on top of my set list, you MUST see the behind the scenes video with DEAD mice. 😉

hey man…gonna have to check out “See His Love”.

13. Pingback: chrismoncus
  14. Wayne Thomas says:

Fred,

I really enjoy seeing how you guys do your thing at SSCC. It always gives me such great ideas. Thanks for everything you have done for the rest of us, who gratefully take part in such a great worldwide WL tool!

Blessings, man!

Wayne

15. This is my first time posting our setlist and worship recap here, but I’ve enjoyed reading other people’s recap, pictures and video. I thought I would give it a try, as well.

Thanks!

Yeah, “Mighty To Save” is the perfect song to complement a sermon like that.

Love the behind the scenes shots!

17. Love Mighty to Save! Thanks Fred!

18. Steff says:

Once again I want to say thank you for hosting this Fred.

19. Ben Wray says:

Had a great service yesterday! Our set list:

Counting on God – New Life
    Beautiful One – Tim Hughes (new one for us)
    Our God Saves – Paul Baloche
    Great is thy Faithfulness – Lincoln Brewster version
    I will Rise – Chris Tomlin

We had a guest speaker from North Star Church in Frisco, TX, Chris Lindberg, who did a great job. The message was called “The one flaw in Women,” and highlighted that woman’s main flaw, as the rest of humanity, is not knowing their own worth. We are valuable because of what God’s word says about us, nothing else. Good message.

I was struck how the meaning of the songs flowed together. Jesus is indeed the Beautiful One, and I pray he was glorified!
    Thanks,
    Ben Wray

20. Matt Stevens says:

Have a great week, everyone!

21. Chuck Harris says:

Fred,
    thanks again for sharing and allowing us to share. i’ve got to get someone to document our services with pics. next on my agenda.

Man what an incredible service we had yesterday. My dear friends, and fellow elder, took the stage with their newly adopted baby boy. After years of prayer it finally happened. Incredible.

23. Better late than never! Posted!

24. Bj Collins says:

After a long absence, I have returned to share on the Sunday Setlists blog carnival! There have been some unbelievable blessings since I was last here, and there have also been some discouraging moments. But through it all, God has been praised, and our music ministry remains vibrant and blessed by the Holy Spirit!

25. Jon Morris says:

Set list up, with audio excerpts from live service. Check it!

Plus our Pastor of 38 years passed the baton to our new senior pastor, check highlights, vids, and pics here: http://thejonmorris.com/2009/08/transition-sunday/