Sunday Setlists #59 – Worship Confessionals

sunday_setlist_2

Welcome to the 59th week of “Sunday Setlists” – a blog carnival where we all come together to share links and reviews of our worship services!

For more details on the “Sunday Setlists” program, click here.
To receive a reminder email each week to post your setlist, click here.

Here’s a recap on how to participate:

1.  Blog about your worship services this week.  (Don’t have a blog, just leave it in the comments below)
2.  In your blog or worship service recap, please mention that you are participating in the “Sunday Setlists” blog carnival at FredMcKinnon.Com and link to today’s post, which is:
3.  Leave your URL in the “Mister Linky” box below, making sure the URL goes directly to your “Sunday Setlists” blog post (not your blog’s homepage)
4.  Leave a comment and visit the other links to see what is happening in worship services worldwide.
5.  Spread the word on FaceBook, Email, Your Blog, and Twitter.  (in Twitter, use #sundaysetlists hashtag)

My Worship Confessional for SSCC

Today I enjoyed the worship services at SSCC from 6+ hours away.  I was out of town this weekend for my sister’s wedding.  I tuned in to our “Live” channel and watched the entire service and it was fantastic.  I’m amazed at the technology available to us these days.  We use LiveStream.Com.

Kim Dixon led worship at SSCC today.  Kim is a gifted vocalist, instrumentalist, and a natural worship leader.  Here’s a look at what songs she did:

Walk-in:
“I Have Found” (by Kim Walker)

Opening Song:
“For All You’ve Done” (Hillsong)

Second Worship Set:
“Come, Now is the Time to Worship” (Vineyard)
“Holy, Holy, Holy” (Trad. Hymn)

Closer:
“With All I Am”

Pastor David continued his sermon series called “Follow” on discipleship and following  Christ.  My favorite moment was the “Braveheart” video clip that setup the sermon, followed by the lights coming up on stage with Pastor David holding a big sword and yelling “FREEDOM”.

I look forward to returning to SSCC on Tuesday and gearing up not only for next Sunday when I’ll be leading again, but also in preparing for a “Night of Worship” on Sunday evening, Sept 20!

Participate in Sunday Setlists

OK, time for you to participate.
#1 – do you use Twitter?  If so, be sure and tag your “Sunday Setlists” blog posts, tweets, pictures, or videos with the #sundaysetlists hashtag.  Below is our “Twub” showing lots of activity:
<a href=”http://twubs.com/sundaysetlists” mce_href=”http://twubs.com/sundaysetlists”>#sundaysetlists</a>

#2 – Linkage! If you have blogged about your worship service, please share the link below. Did you know you can also link to your “Tweet” – just click the datestamp on your “tweet” in your Twitter timeline, and copy that URL. Try to link back HERE in your Tweet as well so that everyone will be able to find all the links.

51 comments on Sunday Setlists #59 – Worship Confessionals

I will never take this for granted! God is new every day!

Anxious to see all of your set lists!

God Bless!

2. danieljohn says:

looks like a great setlist, and how cool to have been a “part” of service online. i <3 technology!

3. Shawn says:

Ours was a rough Sunday, but its great to know that it’s not dependent on us and what we can do, but on God and who He is.

1. Shawn, it’s really true, isn’t it? We can’t take much credit when things work, and we can’t shoulder the whole load when it’s rough. God works all things together for good to those who love Him and are called to His purposes. Next week will be…well, it will be next week won’t it!

4. Our church is so little (Calvary Chapel Seaside). But I wish that one day, when I’m home sick (like today) I could watch our church on Sundays via livestream. You’d have to have an internet connection right?

I’m only leading worship on Fridays at our motel outreach, but I know what you mean. It’s hard to be away from church on a Sunday.

5. Posted! Have a great holiday weekend everyone!

Holy, Holy, Holy is still one of my personal favorite worship songs. Really captures a lot.

7. Janaki says:

We did Holy, Holy, Holy too. Very powerful song.

8. Great mix! I am so thankful for you and all the worship leaders here…

9. Must have been the week for “Holy, Holy, Holy”, because while we didn’t do it (we don’t do hymns, unfortunately…), I woke up singing it…

!!

10. I pulled “Holy, Holy, Holy” out of our lineup at the last minute a couple of weeks ago – looks like it’s on a lot of people’s minds. I really love this hymn – maybe next week!

11. Hey gang,

It’s always good to get a fresh perspective. I took a week off (no email, no twitter, no facebook … traded them in for a fishing rod!)
    I mixed sound this morning for the first time in quite a while!

All went well and I only missed one cue!

Great morning at Westhill.

Blessings to you all!

12. Chris says:

Thanks for the forum, Fred! This has been a lifeline more than once.

13. Maggie Cook says:

Okay, posted! Thanks! Maggie

14. YO! Fun to play guitar once again…a good Sunday in worship for us!

15. Bj Collins says:

We dragged out the old RICH MULLINS tune, “That Where I Am, There You May Also Be” and gave it a country-fried feel. The people LOVED it, and so did the band. We gave them REVELATION SONG for the second consecutive week, and the anointing is definitely on that song at the moment.

16. Ellen Prohl says:

Love mixing in a hymn here and there!

17. Pingback: Dennis Arriaga

Incredible service! Absolutely incredible, so encouraging. Corporate engagement was off the charts, God was doing something wonderful.

19. Better late than never. =)