Sunday Setlists #65 – Worship Service Recaps #sundaysetlists

sunday_setlist_2

Here we are – the 65th consecutive week of “Sunday Setlists” – the blog carnival where we share our songs, creative elements, sermons, and recaps of our worship services.

For more details on the “Sunday Setlists” program, click here.
To receive a reminder email each week to post your setlist, click here.

Here’s a recap on how to participate:

1.  Blog about your worship services this week.  (Don’t have a blog, just leave it in the comments below)
2.  In your blog or worship service recap, please mention that you are participating in the “Sunday Setlists” blog carnival at FredMcKinnon.Com and link to today’s post, which is:
3.  Leave your URL in the “Mister Linky” box below, making sure the URL goes directly to your “Sunday Setlists” blog post (not your blog’s homepage)
4.  Leave a comment and visit the other links to see what is happening in worship services worldwide.
5.  Spread the word on FaceBook, Email, Your Blog, and Twitter.  (in Twitter, use #sundaysetlists hashtag)

My Worship Confessional for SSCC

Hands down, coolest part of today?  Seeing my friend, Russ Hutto – now “officially” living here in the Golden Isles, and up on stage, wailing on our keyboard and piano as a part of our SSCC Praise Team.  WOO-HOO!  Maybe he can leave his own “Sunday Setlists” recap of what it was like as a musician!

So, as you probably noticed (unless you don’t follow this blog except to post your links!), I’ve been in Peru all week with Compassion International.  If you missed it – go back one post and watch the video, please!  I flew in yesterday afternoon and had the day off – so I went to SSCC as a regular person, enjoying both services.

Harriet Jones (the lady who helped start the church and who was the founding worship leader … she laid the foundation for the incredible worship ministry that was already happening at SSCC prior to my arrival!) led worship today and it was glorious.  Here’s a snapshot:

Walk In:
(for whatever reason, I can’t remember the first song – she added it after I’d left for Peru??)
“The Rock” – a rockin, gospel blues groove.  Russ laid down a mean piano solo on this tune!

Opening Song:
“Hosanna” (the Paul Baloche, Brenton Brown tune)

Special Music:
“I Can Only Imagine” (long story, but Todd Hendrix, one of our vocalists, used to always sing this song.  It’s a signature song for him, and he’s battled cancer for the last year.  He’s alive and well, though his life will never be the same.  This was a Sunday that he was back on the praise team and people have always asked for him to sing this.  It was awesome)

Sermon: Still going in the “Lost & Found” – Prodigal Son series … Pastor David (blog) did a great job as always.

Communion Worship:
“Come to the Table”
“You Are My King/Amazing Love”
“In Christ Alone”

I love “In Christ Alone” – it’s one of most theologically rich “hymns” out there by a modern-day writer.  Top notch.

I enjoyed mixing around and having more of an opportunity to meet and talk to so many from our congregation.  A lot of people were praying for me as I was in Peru so I had a lot of conversations about that.

Share Your Worship Service Recap:

OK, so whether you led the service or just attended – here’s your chance to share your worship service recap!  If you use Twitter, be sure and include the #sundaysetlists hashtag and your tweets will appear in our “Twub“.  See the most current info here:

Posting your “Sunday Setlists” worship recap on a blog or website? Post the link below. Be sure and visit all these links for some great ideas!

58 comments on Sunday Setlists #65 – Worship Service Recaps #sundaysetlists

1. Chris Burke says:

was a very interesting day for us today at Madoc Baptist.. read about it here http://chrisburke.ca/?p=1164

2. daniel john says:

It sounds like you had a powerful service – from having old friends be a part of the team (Russ & Todd), to a great communion time, and then seeing the impact of the Peru trip on your life and those in your congregation. Thanks for sharing and for hosting this for all of us Fred.

Ah–the glory of the flu bug when it hits your praise team on Sunday morning.

And–had a kid urp up during worship (hope it wasn’t my singing).

Wash your hands people!!!!

Haven’t been at home for more than 5 hours each night for the past 3 days…but, it’s all been worth it – changed lives for eternity!

Pray for me tonight as I host about 50 un-churched people at Crossroads to watch the Extreme Makeover show…some of the Artists from my small group were featured in this episode. So, using it as an excuse to get them into church!! God works in mysterious ways!

5. I agree.

“I love “In Christ Alone” – it’s one of most theologically rich “hymns” out there by a modern-day writer. Top notch.”

6. David says:

Wow, Todd’s living testimony is awesome! And loved your Peru posts Fred.

7. Welcome back Fred, thanks for keeping us posted on your Peru trip. Glad you had a morning to hang with your peeps.

8. Bj Collins says:

It was an unusual weekend for me. For the first time ever, I played SOLO in worship at Central Highlands Church on Saturday night as part of the Laity Weekend, which was planned completely by our church’s lay leaders.

I actually had OFF for the 8:15 traditional service at Homestead Park Church on Sunday morning for the first time ever. It was kind of strange not being there! However, we welcomed the pastor of our sister church in Dresden, Germany as he was our guest preacher, and his teenage son played bass guitar with our team on a couple of songs.

We introduced “Awesome Is The Lord Most High” in our prelude. It’s a Tomlin song from 2006, and people really seemed to like it. Very intuitive and simple, and lots of energy, in the key of A.

9. This is my first Sunday Setlist blog entry. Glad to be a part of the group! http://acousticramblings.wordpress.com/2009/10/19/everything/

10. Jeff Davis says:

Our worshiping family experienced a great interruption from the Holy Spirit. We started with Lincoln Brewster’s “Today is the Day” (a terrific call to worship) and we followed it up with Jami Smith’s “Salt and Light” as our pastor’s series has been the Beatitudes and being S&L (one of my all time fave songs!) In our second set, we started with “You are the Light” (Fee) and “God of This City”. As I began the intro to “How Great is Our God”, I felt led to make an altar call to all who were afflicted, addicted or hurting.As we sang over them, “How great are YOU God”, the altar was filled. I have only been at this church one year and coming to the altar in the middle of the worship music set is very new to them so seeing that response to God’s Spirit was exciting!

I agree about “In Christ Alone.” And that’s a very inspiring story about Todd Hendrix.

12. Pingback: Justin
  13. It was a great day at LCC!

Definitely a privilege to be a part yesterday!

posted my recap over at rh.com!

Great service. Did a new arrangement of Solid Rock hymn with loop, went over really well. Excited to bring that back around in a fresh way.

Sorry I’m late! Did I miss anything?!

17. Sunday Setlist posted from yesterday’s service at Christ Community (McMinnville, TN).

19. Josh Tuttle says:

Posted the Sunday worship music set list from yesterday’s gathering at Grace & Truth Bible Church in Hillsboro, Oregon.

20. Pingback: tehillamusic.com

I’m straggling in late this week… just posted sets from both churches.

22. Pingback: Ryan Rotman