Here we are – the 69th consecutive week of “Sunday Setlists” – the blog carnival where we share our songs, creative elements, sermons, and recaps of our worship services.
Here’s a recap on how to participate:
1. Blog about your worship services this week. (Don’t have a blog, just leave it in the comments below)
2. In your blog or worship service recap, please mention that you are participating in the “Sunday Setlists” blog carnival at FredMcKinnon.Com and link to today’s post, which is:
3. Leave your URL in the “Mister Linky” box below, making sure the URL goes directly to your “Sunday Setlists” blog post (not your blog’s homepage)
4. Leave a comment and visit the other links to see what is happening in worship services worldwide.
5. Spread the word on FaceBook, Email, Your Blog, and Twitter. (in Twitter, use #sundaysetlists hashtag)
My Worship Confessional for SSCC
We’re in Week 2 of 3 of our “Go” Series. Hundreds of us spent yesterday over on the mainland in an area of town that a lot of people tend to avoid. We adopted 21 houses, and cleaned yards, built porches, painted, remodeled, patched, and loved on some people! It ended with a huge cookout in that neighborhood … it was truly a “church” experience … God’s people, together, loving our neighbor, serving and living together. As a result, there was a great energy and excitement today at SSCC when we gathered together for our corporate worship.
“O Taste and See” – Brian and Jenn Johnson
“Marvelous Light” – Shannon Lewis normally leads this song, but I’ve missed it and gave it a whirl. Love the song!
“Hosanna” (Brooke Fraser, Hillsong)
Special: “Where You Go, I’ll Go” (Brian Johnson)
Awesome special with Liza, one of our youth. She’s owned this song and she’s been singing it at youth group. It’s a powerful song and she did a great job with a sincere, authentic spirit of worship. We also welcomed Jimmy Van Boxel to the praise team this week on bass, and he played the big stand up bass on this tune. It was awesome!
Sermon: Go – A Missional Lifestyle (Part 2 of 3)
We’d scheduled “If You Say Go” as our closer again this week but Pastor David had other plans and ended the service without a closing song. It was effective and brought about a great day with two powerful worship services.
Share Your Worship Service Recap:
OK, so whether you led the service or just attended – here’s your chance to share your worship service recap! If you use Twitter, be sure and include the #sundaysetlists hashtag and your tweets will appear in our “Twub“. See the most current info here:
Posting your “Sunday Setlists” worship recap on a blog or website? Post the link below. Be sure and visit all these links for some great ideas!
Support Fred’s Music
If you are blessed by this music, I would be so honored if you would consider becoming a part of my inner-circle of patron supporters! For as little as $5/month you can be a supporter of my music and help me to continue providing peaceful piano instrumental music for the world.