Sunday Setlists #5 – Post Your Worship Experience

Hey Everybody –

It’s time for “Sunday Setlists” – a blog carnival where I share our worship experience and encourage you to do the same.  It’s a great way to network and share our ideas, song lists, and worship experiences with other leaders and people of faith.

The rules are necessary for this to work, so please follow them EXACTLY:

1.  Post your worship recap, worship confessional, setlist, etc., on your blog.
2.  VERY IMPORTANT:  in the actual BODY of the blog, you need to link back to this current “Sunday Setlists” post.  You may want to say something like “I’m posting this in collaboration with other Worship Leaders as a part of the “Sunday Setlists” blog carnival at fredmckinnon.com”.

*** The link that you should link to in your blog post is:

3.  After posting your Sunday Setlists post, fill out the “Mr. Linky” box below.  Link directly to your Sunday Setlist post – PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, DO NOT LINK to your blog’s homepage or main index.  You should click on the actual blog you posted, and copy/paste THAT URL.  This way, people who find this can click straight to your Sunday Setlist post, even months from now.  (If you link to your homepage, Mr. Linky will execute wrath and delete the link).

4.  Post a comment after doing so … if you post your link properly, it will probably also post a pingback link.  (Don’t let the pingback be your link, though, you need to link in the BODY of your entry).

Simple enough?  Go for it.

********
Sunday Setlist for St. Simons Community Church, 8/24/08

Open:  “Everyday” (Hillsongs, Lincoln Brewster Arrangement)
Song 1:  “No Other Name” (Todd Fields, NorthPoint)
Song 2:  “Be Unto Your Name” (from Robin Mark, Revival in Belfast)
Song 3:  “Jesus Paid it All” (NorthPoint Live Arr.)
Song 4:  “How He Loves Us” (Kim Walker, Jesus Culture)

We did our version of “Cardboard Testimonies” this week and it was incredible.  Though I’ve rehearsed it 3x prior to our Sunday services, I nearly fell apart on stage as I watched people I love being impacted by the testimonies we showed.  It went incredibly well in both services – lots of swollen, red, puffy eyes after each service.

Watch our Worship Confessional video for the details!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBWDNy-lNNk[/youtube]

It’s your turn now!

*Mr. Linky is now closed – thanks to these worship leaders and worshipers who shared their confessionals and service recaps:

Sunday Setlists Participants

1. Billy Chia
2. Jay Sellers
3. Amanda
4. Jim Drake
5. Chris Harrison
6. dorothy (vicar of vibe)
7. brent(inworship)
19. Klampert (CECWorship)
20. Michelle Weger- Collision at Mandarin UMC
21. Rob Petrini
22. Paul Joseph
23. Rich Kirkpatrick(RKWL)
24. Russ Hutto
25. Ben Abu Saada (Overland Park, KS)
26. Steve Sprecker
27. Matt Stevens
28. Holland Davis
29. Mark Roach
30. Pat Callahan
31. Mandy (Granger..finally)
32. JoNWesley Barnhill (FBC Key Largo)
33. Mike Miller (FUMC Alexandria LA)
34. Courtney Feia
35. Brandon Teer
36. Ed Schief
37. John Morris
38. James
39. HL McConnell

Powered by… Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets.

51 comments on Sunday Setlists #5 – Post Your Worship Experience

1. Billy Chia says:

Fred,
    Holy Mighty God in Heaven worship blew my mind today. My pastor totally brought a God-Sized dream, when she was talking you could hear a pin-drop.

Jay cracks me up.

I say “steal away!” If it’s a great idea use it! I did an entire set music this morning written by someone else and it was pretty powerful.

I hope you feel better soon man.

Billy Chias last blog post..Getting a God-Sized Vision

I don’t have a blog. So can I post it here?

Sing to the King- not sure
    My Savior, My God- Aaron Shust
    My God Saves- Paul Baloche
    Enough- Chris Tomlin
    Offering- Paul Baloche

3. Jay Sellers says:

Sure, we stole the cardboard confessional idea, but, as our bassist Gary Share said, it means so much more when it’s our people confessing. Good Sunday indeed.

Jay Sellerss last blog post..I Like Cheese

4. A. says:

Did you video the cardboard testimonies? I saw it where another church did this and wow…..

Sunday was wonderful for us today too, for the most part. 🙂

A.s last blog post..Sunday Setlist – 08/24/08

Brad,
    Absolutely! Thanks for jumping in.

Jay –
    Long time now see!

Billy, amenx10!

For the Kingdom,
    Fred McKinnon

6. Tracie says:

When I saw David pick up his cardboard I was in shock. Wow how awesome and amazing and emotional this morning was. Regardless of a stolen idea the spirit of God was moving and people’s souls were touched. I saw someone cry I have never seen cry, one lady said it was amazing and she was blessed, and one lady said she was touched and did not know how she was going to go grocery shopping after that 🙂 It was real, vulnerable, and beautiful all at the same time. Yes, clearly I could go on and on. When you get a glimpse of the glory of God like that how can you not?

7. Chris Moncus says:

Yeah. Gonna website it.

8. Finally joined in…

brent(inWorship)s last blog post..“Sunday Setlist” #1

9. Jon Morris says:

We did Healer this week and it really ministered to our people. Thanks Fred for sharing your heart and that scripture out of Phil.

10. Randy Neufeld says:

Had a great morning worship this week! “From The Inside Out” was new to our congregation. It touched hearts.

Blessings,

11. First time joining. You all rock!

dorothy (vicar of vibe)s last blog post..Sunday set list…

12. jon mark says:

three weeks in a row!!! wooo hooo!!!

thanks fred!!!

jon marks last blog post..sunday setlists…take three…

13. Jake Gehret says:

Cardboard testimonies…i hope and pray that the powerful testimony of Jesus’ healing and regenerating power trumps originality. Well done folks.

Jake Gehrets last blog post..August 24, 2008

14. I’m in. How’s everybody doing this week?

15. And I’m up…

Christopher Culvers last blog post..Sunday Setlist 8-27-8

Hey Fred. This thing is great stuff. Great hearing from everybody about there day.

Gary Durbins last blog post..Worship Confessional 08.24.08

Gary, thanks, and thanks for visiting the other sites and commenting … that’s what it’s all about, bro!

Moncus – glad to know we’re going to be able to get our video of Cardboard Testimonies!

18. Alastair says:

My first “Sunday Setlist” contribution…

Alastairs last blog post..NHC Set List – 24 Aug 2008

Alastair,
    Good to have you back stateside … thanks for jumping in … just commented on your blog.

For the Kingdom,
    Fred McKinnon

We tried out a 9-piece band this week, including some new members. We used violin, clarinet, cello, and then some of the more usual suspects.

We’ve been having revivals since Thursday. Whew, my fingers are tired! But I’m still here!

Mikes last blog post..Sunday Setlist – August 24

22. Rob Petrini says:

Hey guys… this is my second week and I can’t begin to tell you how much of a help and support it’s been. Thanks!!!

I haven’t played “Everyday” since I was back home in Australia… that song rocks!

Absolutely love the “Cardboard Tesitmonies”

23. Paul J. says:

I have nothing to say here. Boogity, boogity.

24. Greetings earthlings…

25. Dawn says:

Just have to say that sundays service @ sscc is still bringing tears to my eyes. The most touching and real service I have seen in a long time.

We had a great Sunday!

Loving the jerseys!

27. Ben says:

Bam…mine is finally up! I’m getting further down the list! 🙂 I’m getting lazy.

28. Steve says:

No EMTs this week!!!

29. Matt Stevens says:

After a few weeks of vacation, it’s good to be back! Thanks again for this carnival, Fred!

Matt Stevenss last blog post..August 24, 2008

Fred in video confessional: “…nobody cares about these things, so I’ll try to make it short…”

10 minutes later…

31. mandy says:

That’s what I thought….9+ minutes…that ain’t short. Still good though.

mandys last blog post..Sunday Setlist

32. JonWesley says:

Hey Fred, I left a comment a little while ago on your “Myself?” entry, but I just saw your video confessional. I was reminded of something I was told years ago, that mixes with something we all know as leaders. Any way, John the Baptist said “I must increase and He must decrease.” Thusly, when there is less of me, there is more of Him, then it follows that when there is none of me there is ALL of Him. Remember how Paul said that Jesus is strong in our weakness? God has incredible room to move when WE are not “there”. Just some encouragement that hopefully is encouraging and not just droning on and on and on… sorry. I appreciate your ministry. Thank you for your servanthood!

JonWesleys last blog post..Sunday Setlists and Confessions

I forgot to post Sunday afternoon’s set list:

Oh Praise Him- Crowder
    Praise You In This Storm- Casting Crowns
    Battle Belongs to the Lord- No Idea
    Heart of Worship- Matt Redman
    Offering- Paul Baloche

We try to keep it pretty tame on Sunday evenings. Starting September we go to Saturday nights and the Sunday evening service goes away. Be praying for us.

34. Mike Miller says:

This week’s set listGood worship service. Can’t say enough good things about the folks I’m blessed to work with.

Blessings,
    Mike

35. I’m a little behind….but I’m here 😉

Courtney Feias last blog post..Sunday Sets 8.24 / 8.17

36. Brandon Teer says:

Finally got my set list posted!! Didn’t have a lot of time to post details about our service though.

37. Pingback: Anonymous