Sunday Setlists #12 – Your Worship Recap

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the 12th week of “Sunday Setlists”.  For the last 12 weeks, we’ve posted our worship confessionals, reviews, and recaps of what happened during our weekly worship services.  We’ve networked, gotten great ideas, and made new friends.

I’m excited to share that one of the songs in MY SETLIST this week was a direct result of my studying other setlists through this blog carnival!

Here’s the rules:

1.  You don’t have to be the Worship Leader or Pastor – you can be anyone who was at a worship service.  Blog about your worship service and let us know what songs you sang and discuss any other elements that you wish.

2.  In the blogpost, you must link back to THIS POST and mention “Sunday Setlists”

3.  After blogging your recap and linking to this post in your blog, come back here and fill out the “Mister Linky” below.  Be sure that your link goes directly to your “Sunday Setlist” post, and not to your homepage.  Links to homepages will be deleted.

4.  Leave a comment here, and visit other “Sunday Setlist” posts and leave comments there as well!

*** Sunday Setlist for St. Simons Community Church, Oct 12, 2008 ***

Today was a great day at SSCC.  The crowd was “off” a little bit because I think a lot of people leave town when there is a 4-day weekend.  It was still a good Sunday.  It was one of those Sundays when people’s response isn’t quite as powerful as it normally is.  The “praise” after songs wasn’t as strong.  Jokes weren’t as funny.  It was cloudy and raining outside – so maybe that “blah” feeling outside was also how people were feeling “inside”.  Still, there were plenty of people there who didn’t hold back and in all, I’d still say it was a great day.

Walk-In:

We did my arrangement of “When We All Get to Heaven”.  It’s a funk groove that is lots of fun, though on the last 2 repeats of the Chorus, we double-time and pull it back “campmeeting” style.  The folks were loving that.  In the first service, I asked everyone to stand during that last Chorus and sing along.  Most people didn’t move, and I figured my mic wasn’t clear or hot enough in the house mix.  Discussion with Shannon, the Associate Worship Leader (who was out in the house) afterwards confirmed my suspision (he brought it up, I didn’t even mention it).  I had a chat w/ the sound guys in the back and they turned it up.  Overall, I needed lots of help with my voice in the mix today because I woke up with a scratchy, sore throat.

Opening:
Let Everything That Has Breath

Immediately after this song, everyone was seated and we had about a 2-minute movie trailer for our next series, “Ignite”.  This is a 6-week series starting next week on Dating, Sex, and Marriage.

Hosanna (Paul Baloche)
We successfully used the loop that I created for this song and did it for the first time.  Everything went smoothly.

Hosanna (Hillsongs)
Led by Kim Dixon, this is one of her best songs and our favorite songs.

Merciful God (Getty)
Tammy Trent covers this song beautifully, so we did this with the acoustic piano and Kim Dixon led it with a new singer, Amy, doing the harmony.  She had a fantastic “first Sunday” and everyone commented on how great they sounded together.  The lyrics to this song are deep and powerful .. and I’d not discovered it until I was reading someone else’s “Sunday Selitsts” post last week!

Sermon:  Jonah  4 (last week)

Closer:  You Are My King  (Amazing Love)

OK, let’s hear about your service!

Sunday Setlists Participants

1. dorothy (vicar of vibe: no way I\’m first?)
2. Ed Schief
3. Randy Neufeld (Westhill Park Bapist – Regina, SK Canada
4. Billy Chia
5. Mike Mahoney
6. Gary Durbin
7. Amanda
8. Sunny Cain
9. Angela Ramsey
10. HL McConnell
11. Rich Truitt
12. Ben Abu Saada (Overland Park, KS)
13. Jim Drake
14. David Lindner
15. Bobby Gilles
16. Steve Horvath
17. Dean Lusk
18. Jeff M. Miller
19. Cynthia Cullen
20. Ryan Egan
21. Jason Petermann
22. Matt Stevens
23. Jamey Ketchum
24. janaki
25. Steve Sprecker
26. Wayne Thomas
27. Kyle Campos (Our Rising Sound)
28. Paul Joseph
29. Michelle Weger (Collision)
30. Rich Kirkpatrick
31. Pat Callahan
32. Thee WorshipCity est
33. Brad Hafner
34. matt macdonald
35. jon mark
36. Rob Petrini
37. Kim (late late late…)
38. Russ Hutto
39. Russell Martin
40. Jay Sellers

Powered by… Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets.

50 comments on Sunday Setlists #12 – Your Worship Recap

1. Great mix on your set list. Seriously the vintage “When We All Get to Heaven”? Would love to hear that…
    I liked your loops btw

dorothy (vicar of vibe)s last blog post..Sunday set list 12…

2. Ed Schief says:

We had a low turnout, but the weather was so freakin’ gorgeous–near 80–that I wouldn’t blame anyone for skipping. Normal temps around here would be more like 62, and after this it’s a long, cold, grey stretch until April. Molly and I walked the dunes this afternoon, which gives a nice feeling of moral superiority after playing at church.

Ed Schiefs last blog post..Ukulele Worship

3. This is Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. We had a great service, focusing on our many blessings.

Man, I was really trying to nail first this week. I waited and waited… then had to go out. Bummer!

I like the two Hosanna’s back to back… we’ve done that. Very cool.

Mikes last blog post..Sunday Setlist – October 12

Our intensity seemed a little off as well.

Gary Durbins last blog post..Worship Confessional 10.12.08

6. Amanda says:

Got our setlists up from today! Will miss you guys next week – vacation time! 🙂

Amandas last blog post..Sunday Setlists – 10/12/08

7. Sunny Cain says:

We are enjoying doing Hosanna at our church too! it is one of my favorite songs to sing.

I will have to check out the Tammy Trent version of that song…thanks for the suggestion. Blessings!

Sunny Cains last blog post..Sunday Setlist

Freddo–hope you feel better. We had a good day.

Jim Drakes last blog post..Glory Be—I’m In Glorieta!

9. We had the same blah kind of feeling in our services, except that it wasn’t cloudy outside.

David Lindners last blog post..Weekend Review – 10-0405-08; 10-1112-08

“When We All Get To Heaven.” How fun!

Sunny,
    The Tammy Trent version is the only one I found on iTunes … but it’s got a nice, country/bluegrass feel to it.

Bobby – yeah, that song is a hit … I open it by playing through the first verse and chorus “old-school” style on the piano … then the drummer clicks off a 4-count, and we go into this funk groove, complete w/ wah electric guitar. It’s a blast – as we repeat the final Chorus, we double-time it campmeeting style, and anyone left sitting down stands up and claps by then!

For the Kingdom,
    Fred McKinnon

12. You think you know, but you have no idea.

Jeff M. Millers last blog post..Six Prayers Giveaway Winners!

13. Here you go!

Cynthia Cullens last blog post..Sean’s smack down

14. Ryan says:

There and Back again – a Worship Leader’s tale – finally back – I hope!

Ryans last blog post..Sunday Recap – Lots of Energy Yesterday – and Please Pray

15. Here we go! Thanks for doing this Fred!

Jason Petermanns last blog post..Worship Confessional: October 12, 2008

16. Matt Stevens says:

Present and accounted for. Thanks, Fred, and I hope everyone had a beautiful Sunday. We were joined by a guest musician, Thad Cockrell, which made for some beautiful harmonies. It’s been a while since we’ve had a guest, but I love it- consider adding this into your service!

Matt Stevenss last blog post..October 12, 2008

17. janaki says:

Thanks for doing this!

18. steve says:

Glad to be part of the carnival. We are “__” this close to using Paul’s Hossana. It’s a great song!!

steves last blog post..SHCC Sunday Setlist 10-12-08

19. Wayne Thomas says:

Fred, I took your advice on ‘Everlasting God’ this week! It was RAD, brother! Good lookin’ out, homey! We had an awesome time of worship this week!

Hope you all experienced God in a mighty way!

Wayne

Wayne Thomass last blog post..Sunday Set List – 10/12/08

20. Wayne Thomas says:

BTW, the wife and I found http://praisevocals.com about a month ago and thought it was awesome! Great idea for a website. Do you know the person who owns it? I follow you on tweeter (add me too! hint! hint!) and saw your ‘congrats’ thread on his site this morning. Just wonderin’.

Wayne

Wayne

Wayne Thomass last blog post..Sunday Set List – 10/12/08

Well, it was a rough sunday. Looking forward to moving on 🙂 Anxious about a rough meeting that was scheduled after the service, set was disjointed and so was the congregation. Musically fine, but that’s not of much consolation. You can view the damage report here.

Kyles last blog post..10 Commandments of Blogging: How many do you break?

22. You all see the new audio-guy-as-worship-leader post at http://tehillamusic.com ??

Rich Kirkpatricks last blog post..Church 2.0 Tour is on:

23. WorshipCity says:

Little late here Fred but I’ll have another one coming as well on our 1st RKS of the Fall 🙂

WorshipCitys last blog post..Service Engine Soon = $$$

Come, Now is the Time (U2-ish version)
    All Because of Jesus – Fee
    Our God Saves – Baloche
    Highest – Hillsong
    Grace Will Be My Song – Fee

Brad Hafners last blog post..bradhafnersfa: late version of O’Reilly Factor, then off to bed.

25. jon mark says:

late…but not too late…

as always thanks fred!!!

26. The Baloche song was my favorite! I hope we do it again. Also, it was probably one of my favorite walk-in songs yet. Seriously, from a musical stand-point it was a very ‘rock-in’ A.M. In fact, I had a few folks tell me afterward that it “rocked like a Shannon-set”, meaning – to them, at least – that ya’ll picked some really energetic tunes. They were right – I LOVED IT! (Even if I couldn’t hear your voice loudly enough)

Shannon Lewiss last blog post..Saint Lewis featured on the ALL ABOUT WORSHIP podcast

27. Rob Petrini says:

ok… so it’s another 2 weeks I’ve missed… man, I hate missing out!!!! 🙂

Rob Petrinis last blog post..Sunday Setlist Oct. 12

Late, but still here!

Hope your back gets better fast Fred!

Russs last blog post..New Music…Tuesday?

29. Jay Sellers says:

More loops, I say. Bring on the loops!

Jay Sellerss last blog post..Elevate Set for October 7, 2008