Hey Everybody –
It’s the 21st consecutive week for “Sunday Setlists” here on the blog. Thanks to those who have participated and been a part of spreading the news. Here’s how you participate:
1. Write a blog post recapping your worship services this week. Share everything you can from song selection, sermon series, creative elements, etc. Don’t have a blog? You can still participate – post your info as a comment, or post on your social networking sites.
2. In the blog post that you write, you must link back to THIS ENTRY. Some folks say something like “This entry is a part of “Sunday Setlists” – visit all the other recaps at FredMcKinnon.Com”, and be sure and use this link:
3. Fill out the “Mister Linky” form below. In the URL field, put the URL address of your recap … don’t put your blog’s homepage, but the actual link where your entry is .. homepage links will be deleted.
*UPDATE: as of Monday, 12/15 – the server that hosts the Mr. Linky code is shut down, so the Mr. Linky isn’t appearing .. so be sure and put a link to your sunday setlist post in the blog comments below instead, until Mr. Linky re-appears!)
4. Leave a comment and start spreading the word. Be sure and visit some of the other sites and leave comments for them as well!
**** Sunday Setlists for St. Simons Community Church, Dec 14, 2008 ******
Today was my LAST SUNDAY leading worship at SSCC this year. Next Sunday I’ll be part of our “Jingle Jam” performance of “Charlie Brown Christmas”, so I’ll be back in the Kid’s Clubhouse Theater the whole time.
“Go Tell It On the Mountain” – I worked up a light jazz arrangement of this tune, and the rhythm section did an awesome job learning it as the last minute … we were swinging away, enjoying playing this song before our walk-in. We started this at :10 till service time.
Walk In Song:
“Silent Night” – Mercy Me version. Gary, our bassist switched to mandolin to start this song out and it was very cool to have that.
“No Other Name” (Todd Fields, Northpoint Live version)
“Hark the Herald Angels Sing” (Traditional Version, added my “Doxology” verse)
“O Holy Night” – this was a special, with Amy, one of our new singers. I just played it traditional-style from the grand piano while Amy sang. Elizabeth came in on the second time through with the strings and it made it sound even better! There was a short silence afterwards, then great applause for this Christmas favorite.
“WIth All I Am” – Hilllsong Version
Constructing Christmas, Part 2 – Pastor David Yarborough led us through the Old Testament with numerous examples of how God was constructing and planning the birth of Christ from the fall of man.
“You Are My King” (Amazing Love)
It was a great day, and I felt good about both services. We made several transitional changes in between our 9:00 and 11:00 services that helped the flow.
|1. Jason Petermann
2. HL McConnell
3. David Lindner
4. Brad Hafner
5. Billy Chia
6. matt macdonald
7. Mike Mahoney
9. Kyle (Our Rising Sound)
11. Matt Embry
12. Johnny Sierra
|13. Jim Drake
15. Gary Durbin
17. Dorothy (vicar of vibe)
18. James Ridgers (@englishguy)
19. Lori Biddle
20. Louise Knight
21. Bobby Gilles
22. Russ Hutto
23. David Goodwin
24. Wayne Thomas
|25. Steffanie Oltmans
26. Rich Kirkpatrick RKWL
28. Ronnie Burgess (MandoRon)
29. Brandon Teer
30. Michelle Weger (Collision)
31. Ben Abu Saada (Overland Park, KS)
32. Eric Frisch
33. Shawn Stinson
34. Jason Petermann