Sunday Setlists #33 – Worldwide Worship Recaps

sundaysetlists-1

Week 33 – How to Participate

Here we are on the 33rd consecutive week of posting our Setlists.  Want to participate?  Complete details here, but the short version is:

1. Blog about your worship service.  (You can be the Worship Leader, Pastor, Tech Person, or just someone who attended church!)  Don’t have a blog, consider leaving your recap as a comment below.
  2. In your blog, link back to today’s “Sunday Setlists” post here – tell your readers you are participating in the “Sunday Setlists” blog carnival.  You should link to:
  3. Fill out the Mister Linky below.  Make sure the URL you enter is the URL to your actual “Sunday Setlists” blog entry, and not your blog homepage.  Homepage links will be deleted.
  4. Leave a comment, visit the other sites, and spread the word.  If you use Twitter, please “tweet” your Setlist Link using the hash:  #sundaysetlists

*Need a weekly email reminder when “Sunday Setlists” is published and ready for your link?  Subscribe to the email reminder.

Sunday Setlists Worship Confessional
St. Simons Community Church
Sunday, March 8 2009

Worship Confessional – March 8, 2009 from Fred McKinnon on Vimeo.

As you see, it was a short setlist for us today, due to having a 15-minute “Annual Meeting” at the conclustion of each of our two services.

PlanningCenterOnline Logo
(view our service plan at PlanningCenterOnline.Com)

Walk In:  “Glorious One” (Steve Fee, North Point Live Arrangement in C)
I really don’t know how people expect congregations to sing along in D … you’re asking people to sing a high F# on the Chorus, which is way out of range for most people, myself included.  Even the high “E” in the key of C is tough, but if you sing loud and strong, you can nail it.

No Other Name (Todd Fields, North Point Live Arrangement in G)
Jesus Messiah (Chris Tomlin, Key of E)

Closer: God of this City (with Click and Video)

It was a good Sunday.  David’s message on Job and suffering was very good, I thought.  It’s always tough to talk about that stuff.  You can listen to the series, “When It Hurts” on our podcast at www.sscommunitychurch.com.

Share Your Setlists:

(fill out the Mister Linky below – please be sure that you have 1) linked back to this post (see the URL above) and that 2) you enter the URL to your actual blog entry, and not your blog’s homepage.

Fred McKinnon, Worship Artist, Pianist, Producer. Husband to Joy, Father of Jon Michael, Will, Rebekah, and Andrew. Lives on St. Simons Island, GA.

82 comments on Sunday Setlists #33 – Worldwide Worship Recaps

1. fmckinnon says:

Brandon, hey, both links were bad, they were homepage links, not allowed – can you repost the actual URL to your entry – not your main blog’s homepage?

2. Artie says:

Cool idea.. love this..checking out what everyone else is doing..

3. Rachel Lusky says:

thanks for following me on twitter!! i’m excited to be part of the sunday worship confessionals on the weeks I lead with Brianl

and i am so there on the in – ears. one in, one out – that is how i wear them every week!!!

4. Anonymous says:

Looking forward to being part of the Sunday Setlist experience.

5. It’s funny to me that I’m usually so late to the party to post my worship recap when Sunday morning comes many hours earlier for me here in Korea…

A great weekend! God is good!

9. Facebook User says:

Did this work?

10. Conner Byrd says:

I can’t believe I’m this late Fred!
    Sorry man but …better late than never?

11. Little late to the party, but glad to finally get here.

12. Bill Horn says:

Man! I’m way late! Good week, though! I totally agree about “Glorious One.” Fantastic song, but tough for congregational singing-the verse is low by comparison, so you can’t bring it down too much, either! Steve does it in C when he plays it live. D is just plain ridiculous!

How did “Jesus Messiah” connect?

13. Anonymous says:

my bad, you said that the people connected with “Jesus, Messiah” in the video. I just watched it…

14. #65, Wow. I’m a slacker.
    Better late than never I guess.

I made it!!

Better late than never.

16. O.k., so evidently I was really tired Sunday. Came by commented and didn’t post to Mr. Linky…doh!
    Better late than never.

17. And Fred,
    Liked your list for Sunday.
    ALso want you to know I am still spreading the word. I just found an old high school friend (via facebook, gotta love social media) who is pastoring a church start in CA.
    Told him he needs to come by…

18. Viqui Dill says:

bluegrass this week in South Carolina. w00t.

19. Tim Suddarth says: