Welcome to the 48th edition of “Sunday Setlists” – the blog carnival where we share our worship service recaps with one another. We’re in our 48th consecutive week of sharing worship confessionals.
Here’s a recap on how to participate:
1. Blog about your worship services this week. (Don’t have a blog, just leave it in the comments below)
2. In your blog or worship service recap, please mention that you are participating in the “Sunday Setlists” blog carnival at FredMcKinnon.Com and link to today’s post, which is:
3. Leave your URL in the “Mister Linky” box below, making sure the URL goes directly to your “Sunday Setlists” blog post (not your blog’s homepage)
4. Leave a comment and visit the other links to see what is happening in worship services worldwide.
5. Spread the word on FaceBook, Email, Your Blog, and Twitter. (in Twitter, use #sundaysetlists hashtag)
My Worship Confessional for SSCC
WOW – we just had an incredible, sweet time of worship during our 1st service at SSCC. I decided to go ahead and post our recap after the 1st service so I’d have the rest of the afternoon off for Father’s Day – and HAPPY FATHER’s DAY to all you Dads!
Earlier this week I blogged about the frustrations of summer scheduling in PlanningCenterOnline. As a result, I had a smaller band this week and it was all acoustic. I jokingly refer to this as the Vineyard/UK day because after I planned the setlist I realized almost all the songs were old Vineyard/UK songs. Our people didn’t seem to mind – I heard them singing on every song, which isn’t always the case these days.
Two of our college students are back for the summer and I’ve committed to rotating at least one high school or college student on the team each week during the summer as a means of encouraging them and modeling “multi-generational worship”. Special thanks to Callie Fendig and Mary Margaret Fuller for singing and helping lead our people in worship today.
“Come Now is the Time to Worship”
“Hallelujah/Your Love Is Amazing”
*we did the new arrangement of this song from Brian Doerksen’s new CD and it’s a fresh, acoustic version with a way-cool groove. If you want to hear it, check out this iTunes link – and hear this cool new arrangement that breathes live into this older song!
Middle Worship Set:
*I moved to the grand piano for this set, and I always enjoy using that instrument!
“Agnus Dei” (Michael W. Smith)
“Holy, Holy, Holy” (Trad. Hymn)
“Lead Me To the Cross”
*Callie and Mary Margaret did this as a special and it was amazing. Our arrangement was unique in that we didn’t have the electric guitar parts, so it was much more open with a lot of room – the arrangement really breathed, it had a beautiful, haunting feel to it. I LOVE IT. I wish I could record this arrangement – maybe I will!
Part 4 of 4 in the “Heroes” series, “Is There A Man in the House”
“Surrender” (Lincoln Brewster Arr.)
That’s a wrap for us. Time for you to share your worship setlists! Remember, make sure your URL is the full URL to your blog post, and not your blog’s homepage. Pretty please.