Welcome to the 58th consecutive week of the “Sunday Setlists” blog carnival – where we share our worship service recaps with one another!
Here’s a recap on how to participate:
1. Blog about your worship services this week. (Don’t have a blog, just leave it in the comments below)
2. In your blog or worship service recap, please mention that you are participating in the “Sunday Setlists” blog carnival at FredMcKinnon.Com and link to today’s post, which is:
3. Leave your URL in the “Mister Linky” box below, making sure the URL goes directly to your “Sunday Setlists” blog post (not your blog’s homepage)
4. Leave a comment and visit the other links to see what is happening in worship services worldwide.
5. Spread the word on FaceBook, Email, Your Blog, and Twitter. (in Twitter, use #sundaysetlists hashtag)
My Worship Confessional for SSCC
I enjoyed the opportunity to lead worship in our main services again at SSCC today. I spent most of the week scrambling to assemble a band and finally got a full band pieced together by the morning of rehearsal. Turns out we all worked well together and I had lots of comments after church about how much people enjoyed the music today. I can’t be grateful enough for the depth and quality of volunteers who are willing and able to serve at our church.
We ended the day with an incredible baptism service where I was honored to baptize my oldest two boys, Jon Michael (9) and Will (7), followed by a celebration party at our house with our family, both sets of grandparents, and other members of the family.
One of our elders had the sermon today and he was quite proactive in giving us his topic and notes – and even had suggested songs as much as a month out. I integrated several of his suggestions which helped to bring our people into a glorious time of worship that was a real compliment to the Word.
Walk In: “Glory to God” (Fee/Beeching)
Opening Song: “Meet with Me”
“Lead Me to the Cross”
“I Want to Change” (Special, song by Russ Taff, requested by our Speaker). Thanks, Amy, for learning a tough song last minute and owning it!
It was a great day … and a memorable one. I’m off the stage again this coming weekend to celebrate with family once again at the wedding of my older sister.
If you use Twitter – be sure and use the #sundaysetlists hashtag … use that tag if you upload videos to YouTube, Vimeo, or TwitPic. Below is our “Twub” showing all of the activity thus far:
Now it’s time to leave your links … be sure and link to your actual blog’s entry, and not your blog’s homepage.
Want more music?
I’d be honored if you’d consider signing up for my email updates. Once you signup I’ve got a bunch of free music waiting for you.