Sunday Setlists #64 – Worship Service Recaps (#sundaysetlists)

sunday_setlist_2

Here we are, sharing our 64th consecutive week of the “Sunday Setlists” blog carnival here on FredMcKinnon.Com, where we network and share our song setlists, sermon ideas, creative elements, and worship service recaps.

For more details on the “Sunday Setlists” program, click here.
To receive a reminder email each week to post your setlist, click here.

Here’s a recap on how to participate:

1.  Blog about your worship services this week.  (Don’t have a blog, just leave it in the comments below)
2.  In your blog or worship service recap, please mention that you are participating in the “Sunday Setlists” blog carnival at FredMcKinnon.Com and link to today’s post, which is:
3.  Leave your URL in the “Mister Linky” box below, making sure the URL goes directly to your “Sunday Setlists” blog post (not your blog’s homepage)
4.  Leave a comment and visit the other links to see what is happening in worship services worldwide.
5.  Spread the word on FaceBook, Email, Your Blog, and Twitter.  (in Twitter, use #sundaysetlists hashtag)

First:  A Prayer Request

Before I get into the Worship Confessional/Recaps … I’d like to ask for your prayers.  I’m leaving in the morning for Lima, Peru with Compassion International.  Please pray for our trip.  More details on my blog posted a couple of days ago.

My Worship Confessional for SSCC

We had a sweet time of worship today at SSCC.  We’re on the 3rd week of the “Lost and Found” series based on the story of the Prodigal Son.  Today was about the “older brother”, and I could tell a lot of people were impacted.

We also had more extensive use of “loops” or “backing tracks” today with Ableton Live.

Walk-In:
“Again I Say Rejoice” – Israel Houghton
*used the Ableton Live track from Interactive Worship Live and the added B3 and horns really filled this one out!

Opening Song:
“Let Everything That Has Breath” – Matt Redman
*an oldie but a goodie, straight ahead with our band.

Second Set:
“Doxology” (the version from Don Poythress’ album, “Wash Away”)
“Be Unto Your Name” (Robin Mark, Revival in Belfast)
“A Mighty Fortress” (Christy Nockels)
*first time for us on this ballad, performed by our own Kim Dixon.  See the backing loop we used for this on this post.

Closing Song:
“Surrender” (Lincoln Brewster version, sans “LB solos”!)

—————-

It was great having friend and fellow blogger, Russ Hutto in the house today.  Russ and his wife are relocating to our area and he’s already jumping in head first.  We was manning the “LiveStream” position during our 9:00 — which you can watch at any time by going to SSSC Live.

—————

Share Your Worship Service Recaps!

If you use Twitter, please spread the word and tag your links, images, videos, and tweets with the #sundaysetlists hashtag.  Most recent tweets and media using this hashtag will appear in our “Twub“.  See below:

Lastly – if you’ve blogged or posted notes about your worship service, please leave your link below. Please link directly to the actual post, and not your blog’s homepage. And please spread the word!

57 comments on Sunday Setlists #64 – Worship Service Recaps (#sundaysetlists)

Nice setlist Fred – as always! I plan to take a look at the version of Doxology you used for sure.

Hey, you get to have Russ??? Lucky!

God Bless your week everyone!

We had a fun time today. Great set there as well, Fred. Some I haven’t thought about in a while. Leaving the country huh? May God go ahead of you guys.

3. daniel john says:

Love “Be Unto Your Name” – it’s been awhile since we have pulled that one out, but what a great song. Great loop you created for “A Mighty Fortress” & so cool to see others using Ableton for worship. Nice work Fred!!

4. Be Unto Your Name is one of my favorites.

5. Not trying to hog the list spots – link didn’t work on No. 7, but I’m in for real at No. 11!

I am also a fan of Be Unto Your Name (and all things 6/8). God bless you on your trip to Peru, Fred, we will pray for you!

6. Ellen Prohl says:

Nice mix of ‘older’ and newer songs!

7. Jan Owen says:

Fred, I didn’t do the regular Sunday Setlists. It seemed a bit inappropriate (for my congregation) to list the link at the end of my post. I hope you’ll allow me to participate so my fellow worship leaders can read what happened in our service and in my life.

Friends, I hope you’ll read the big announcement I made to our congregation today on my blog. It was one of my hardest Sundays ever, yet I feel the peace of God.

8. Bj Collins says:

From an revamped version of a classic old song that was even sung by ELVIS (Put Your Hand In The Hand) to a hot song still on the CCM charts by a great young band. (By Your Side – Tenth Avenue North.) It was a fun weekend of worship! CHRISTMAS PLANNING finally got under way today. I’m going to be looking for some fresh material! (or writing some…)

10. Maggie Cook says:

Well, did not get my SetList up for a few weeks – but got back on track today! Have a Blessed week, everyone!

11. Janaki says:

Hey, is this thing on??? I’m back!

12. Chris Gates says:

I’m new to the sunday setlists blog carnival. Love the idea. I look forward to participating each week. That Christy Nockels song is wonderful. Heard about it a few months ago on WorshipTogether.com’s new song cafe. Thank you for hosting this forum.

13. Pingback: Sermon Ideas
  14. Pingback: Apostle Gammage

Haha, thanks Lori!

I really enjoyed it!

Mighty Fortress = homerun!

16. A little late, but just posted out setlist.

Fred, did you find a chart or lead sheet for “A Mighty Fortress”, or did you make your own? I’d love to do that song, but haven’t seen the music for it yet.

17. well… NOW its there 😉

18. Alastair says:

Just posted notes on our second ever public service…!

19. Pingback: Paul Fowler
  20. It’s Thanksgiving weekend for Canadians, so Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians here on SetLists.

We had a great service, starting off with a Thanksgiving medley.

Have a great week!

21. Spiritrax says:

Hey Fred, how do you like Ableton live in live performance? Are the Interactive Worship tracks usable without a lot of fidgeting? Great work here, keep it up. Our set list this past weekend:

Here I Am To Worship (tim hughes)
    Give Us Clean Hands (charlie hall)
    Change My Heart Oh God (eddie espinoza)
    Take My Life (chris tomlin)
    Lord You Have My Heart (delirious)
    God You Reign (lincoln brewster)

Worship Accompaniment Tracks at Spiritrax.com