Sunday Setlists #66 – Worship Service Recaps #sundaysetlists

sunday_setlist_2

Here we are – the 66th consecutive week of “Sunday Setlists” – the blog carnival where we share our songs, creative elements, sermons, and recaps of our worship services.

For more details on the “Sunday Setlists” program, click here.
To receive a reminder email each week to post your setlist, click here.

Here’s a recap on how to participate:

1.  Blog about your worship services this week.  (Don’t have a blog, just leave it in the comments below)
2.  In your blog or worship service recap, please mention that you are participating in the “Sunday Setlists” blog carnival at FredMcKinnon.Com and link to today’s post, which is:
3.  Leave your URL in the “Mister Linky” box below, making sure the URL goes directly to your “Sunday Setlists” blog post (not your blog’s homepage)
4.  Leave a comment and visit the other links to see what is happening in worship services worldwide.
5.  Spread the word on FaceBook, Email, Your Blog, and Twitter.  (in Twitter, use #sundaysetlists hashtag)

My Worship Confessional for SSCC

jaimesscc

(from left-right:  Shannon Lewis, Jaime Jamgochian, Fred McKinnon, photo by Chris Moncus)

Today capped off a very long weekend of music with some of the artists from Centricity Music in Nashville, TN.  We rehearsed for several hours on Thursday evening in preparation for the annual beach concert and backed both Jaime Jamgochian and Daniel Kirkley.  (see “Way Radio Beach Concert Today” post)

We were blessed to have Jaime stay over and be our guest worship leader this morning at SSCC.  She did a “jam” up job (no pun intended) and I loved watching her flow, pressing our people deeper into their expressions of worship.  She was very gracious with us as our rag-tag band learned her material and how to follow a new leader.

Opening Song:
“For Your Glory” – by Jaime, with her click tracks and loops

Opening Set:
“I Am Free” (Ross Parsley version)
“Blessed Be Your Name” (Matt Redman version)

Second Worship Set:
“Mighty to Save” (Laura Story version)
“Hear My Worship” (Jaime’s song)
“Here I Am to Worship”

Closing Song:
“Heal the Wound” (Jaime, solo on piano)

It was a great day and we had a blast hanging out with Jaime and her labelmates, Daniel Kirkley and Downhere (who cleaned up in the Canadian Christian Music awards a couple of nights ago, only to pack up and fly down here to play!)

Share Your Worship Service Recap:

OK, so whether you led the service or just attended – here’s your chance to share your worship service recap!  If you use Twitter, be sure and include the #sundaysetlists hashtag and your tweets will appear in our “Twub“.  See the most current info here:

Posting your “Sunday Setlists” worship recap on a blog or website? Post the link below. Be sure and visit all these links for some great ideas!

45 comments on Sunday Setlists #66 – Worship Service Recaps #sundaysetlists

1. @MandoRon says:

Woohoo! I’ve never been first before!

Looking skinny there, Fred! We did Mighty to Save as well.

3. David says:

Busy few days Fred! Sounds great as always.

4. Maggie Cook says:

Mighty to Save was on our list as well today~!

5. Great list of songs. We did “Mighty to Save” for the first time!!! Great closer.

6. Loved worship this morning! From music to sermon, the whole thing was great! Loved having Jaimie lead us this morning, she is definitely a gifted exhorter and worship leader!

Church – family reunion – small group! Just time enough to post!

Have a great week everyone! God Bless!

8. Jan Owen says:

Here’s mine. Couldn’t get it to post for some reason – mr. linky doesn’t like me this week!

Bittersweet Sunday for me!

9. Chris Gates says:

Your url didn’t work in my inbox this time. Don’t know if the prob was on my end or yours.

10. Sounds like a busy, but good weekend Fred. I just listened to “For Your Glory” – really great song. I also like “Heal the Wound” – Nicole Nordeman song?

Very cool set… sounds like you guys had a busy, but good weekend!

We had a good weekend too… shook things up a little bit this morning. Just posted.

12. Bj Collins says:

Our Sunday was UPSIDE DOWN, AND ALL AROUND. Pastor Rich at Homestead Park Church decided to shake things up, and do something completely different at our three services. The result created QUITE a buzz, and I didn’t hear a single negative comment. THREE mini sermons, THREE prayer times with altar invitations with THREE special music selections and NO ushers bringing around the offering plates. (everybody had to come up front…) NO announcements – and no semblance of our “routine” worship celebration. We also debuted the new EV Eliminator speaker stacks that I just purchased and installed in the sanctuary, complete with a fresh EQ of the mains and monitors by the best sound man in town. The sound was spectacular. Today was also the first time our church had ever heard Chris Tomlin’s “I Will Rise” and Mark Schultz’ “He is.” Even the traditional service got a healthy dose of Tomlin, Schultz, and Shust, and a touch of Third Day. (plus three hymns – they are used to THREE SONGS TOTAL!)

dude…I’m kinda jealous. that’s very cool. Sounds like a very fresh spirit at your church today. 🙂

14. Josh Tuttle says:

Grace & Truth set list posted. God continues to work for the glory of His great name!

16. Jan Owen says:

for some reason it worked this time!

17. Obviously, you can see some human moments on our video. Just sayin 😉

18. It’s always fun to have a guest worship leader.

I’m late, I’m late… but better late than never!

20. Jeff Davis says:

I am really looking forward to this worship community. Great site, Fred!

21. marina says:

I wish I could have been there to experience your worship service. Thanks for hosting Sunday Setlists – extremely helpful and encouraging and very cool to see God at work thru worship around the world.

Great service, encouraging worship time with the body. God is good.

23. Pingback: Ryan Rotman