Here we are – the 67th consecutive week of “Sunday Setlists” – the blog carnival where we share our songs, creative elements, sermons, and recaps of our worship services.
Here’s a recap on how to participate:
1. Blog about your worship services this week. (Don’t have a blog, just leave it in the comments below)
2. In your blog or worship service recap, please mention that you are participating in the “Sunday Setlists” blog carnival at FredMcKinnon.Com and link to today’s post, which is:
3. Leave your URL in the “Mister Linky” box below, making sure the URL goes directly to your “Sunday Setlists” blog post (not your blog’s homepage)
4. Leave a comment and visit the other links to see what is happening in worship services worldwide.
5. Spread the word on FaceBook, Email, Your Blog, and Twitter. (in Twitter, use #sundaysetlists hashtag)
My Worship Confessional for SSCC
It was great to be leading again at SSCC this morning – by first time leading a full worship service in a few weeks. I wasn’t sure what to expect with the GA/FL game, Halloween, and Daylight Savings Time happening on the same Saturday prior to the services.
The 9:00 AM service was packed and was quite lively. This was a big surprise for me. The 11:00 AM service was also pretty packed; though they came in a good bit later. They also TOTALLY ignored my invitation to stand and sing along on the end of the “walk-in” song – so much that I’m pretty sure that my vocals weren’t up enough in the house mix for them to understand what I’m saying. I’ve never had the entire room just ignore me when I say “let’s stand and sing” …
“When We All Get to Heaven” – my own rendition of this song with a funky/jazz groove all the way through 4 verses, ending with a campmeeting style, double-time chorus!
“You, You Are God” (Walker Beach, my arrangement as recorded on “Worship Under the Stars”)
“Glorious Impossible” (Carl Cartee, heard this song at the re:create conference this year and fell in love with it. It’s the 2nd time doing it)
“Amazing Grace/My Chains Are Gone” (a favorite and standard)
“You Gave Your Life Away” (Paul Baloche, one of my favorite tunes right now, super sweet and clean)
Sermon: Last week “Lost & Found” – Prodigal Son series … Pastor David (blog) did a great job as always.
“Home” (Daughtry, a great way to take a well-known secular song and use it for God’s glory … we did tweak a couple of lines in the Chorus)
Share Your Worship Service Recap:
OK, so whether you led the service or just attended – here’s your chance to share your worship service recap! If you use Twitter, be sure and include the #sundaysetlists hashtag and your tweets will appear in our “Twub“. See the most current info here:
Posting your “Sunday Setlists” worship recap on a blog or website? Post the link below. Be sure and visit all these links for some great ideas!
Want more music?
I’d be honored if you’d consider signing up for my email updates. Once you signup I’ve got a bunch of free music waiting for you.