Here we are – the 75th consecutive week of “Sunday Setlists” – the blog carnival where we share our songs, creative elements, sermons, and recaps of our worship services.
Here’s a recap on how to participate:
1. Blog about your worship services this week. (Don’t have a blog, just leave it in the comments below)
2. In your blog or worship service recap, please mention that you are participating in the “Sunday Setlists” blog carnival at FredMcKinnon.Com and link to today’s post, which is:
3. Leave your URL in the “Mister Linky” box below, making sure the URL goes directly to your “Sunday Setlists” blog post (not your blog’s homepage)
4. Leave a comment and visit the other links to see what is happening in worship services worldwide.
5. Spread the word on FaceBook, Email, Your Blog, and Twitter. (in Twitter, use #sundaysetlists hashtag)
My Worship Confessional for SSCC
My church, St. Simons Community Church, was born in a home. A few families came together with a vision of how church could be. They shared together as a church family in a living room, eventually a rented facility, and over the years, the church has grown and now we occupy a state-of-the-art, 74,000 ft2 facility.
On the final Sunday of the year, our tradition goes back to the home. We don’t hold corporate services, and encourage families to do be the “church” and have “church” at home. The staff has the week between Christmas and New Years off, and it’s a wonderful time of sabbatical for us all.
So, my recap today? Well, my wife and daughter went to Free Chapel up here in Gainesville, GA where we’re visiting my in-laws. Me? I slept until after 8:00 (that’s a big deal) and have enjoyed not having to be ANYWHERE. It’s a great sense of rest and peace to not be hurried. I normally would visit a church up here but decided that today I’ll commune with God in my own prayers, in fellowship with my family, and sharing together.
Share Your Worship Service Recap:
OK, so whether you led the service or just attended – here’s your chance to share your worship service recap! If you use Twitter, be sure and include the #sundaysetlists hashtag and your tweets will appear in our “Twub“. See the most current info here:
Posting your “Sunday Setlists” worship recap on a blog or website? Post the link below. Be sure and visit all these links for some great ideas!